Movie Review: ‘Top Gun: Maverick’

Movie Review: ‘Top Gun: Maverick’

Miles Teller I am available everyday for the rest of my life

4728
Movie Review: ‘Top Gun: Maverick’
Courtesy Paramount Pictures

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Top Gun: Maverick | NEW Official Trailer (2022 Movie) - Tom Cruisewww.youtube.com

Let me start by saying ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ is the most ‘film-bro’ movie you will find me reviewing, and if we’re being honest here, my crush on Miles Teller that refuses to quit is what got me into that theater. Well, that and my undying love for nostalgia. it’s one of the greatest human weaknesses, second only to the neck (that’s for all my fans of ‘The Office.’).

While I wasn’t initially a huge fan of the TGCU (‘Top Gun’ cinematic universe) ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ has made a fan out of me. I found myself laughing, crying, and feeling so connected to many of the different characters. ‘Top Gun:Maverick’ has done what we’ve seen sequels to classics try to do for years, nail the nostalgia factor without also nailing the cringe factor. Every nod to the og film feels like a hug from an old friend, it’s more than welcomed.

Now, let’s talk about my two favorite scenes in ‘Top Gun.Maverick,’ and let’s talk about the scene the absolutely did me in and made me cry.

WARNING: Spoilers ahead! But hey, if you’re reading a movie review before seeing the film, what can you expect?

The football/-beach scene was definitely my favorite nod to ‘Top Gun,’ both because of how it looked visually (could they have gotten a more attractive cast? no, no is the answer ) and how it made me feel as an audience member! And of course, the ‘’Great Balls of Fire’ scene had me grinning ear to ear. Like I said before, this is nostalgia done so right.

Now you may be wondering, which part made me lose it in a theater where I was the youngest person by a solid decade? Was it iceman dying? No, but that almost got me! It was Rooster and Maverick finally connecting in a way they have both craved to connect, they had previously been to stuck in the past, but finally seeing that bond come to fruition made me weep.

In conclusion, ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ was a perfect sequel, truly showing how much they loved the first film by not tarnishing the quality and what it means to people. This film makes for the perfect end to Mavericks story.