11 Reasons To Admit You're In A LDR With Your Dog

Near, far, wherever you are… your dog will always be waiting for you back home.

80
Author's photo

Nothing is harder than leaving him or her behind. After all you've been through, the good times and the bad, so much time spent together, nothing is more heartbreaking than saying goodbye. However, a relationship like this is not something to be thrown away, especially just because of distance. That's right - you're in a long-distance relationship with your dog. Those of us who know the struggle of having our furry best friends miles away can recognize another dog-lover and commiserate together until the next time you see your friend again. Some of the key qualities to look out for include:

1. There's pictures of your dog in your room.

Whether it is one treasured photo or a plethora affectionately displayed around the room for the world to see, there will be physical photo reminders of the unconditional love you have waiting for you.

2. Walking past the pet aisle leaves you a little melancholy.

There's something sad about realizing you don't have to buy any dog food (or toys).

3. Your clothes are a little too clean.

The endless dog hair that drove you crazy just a few weeks ago is now a little addition you don't mind as much whenever you go home.

4. You'll flash up pictures of your dog faster than a mom shows everyone baby pictures.

If someone mentions a dog breed even remotely similar to your dog, that's basically an open invitation for you to share like at least five of his cutest pictures.

5. Phone calls with your parents become phone calls with your dogs.

Mom: *casually acknowledges dog's presence in room*

You: "LET ME TALK TO THE PUPPY"

6. You have trust issues with anyone who doesn't like dogs.

Can you really be sure about someone who doesn't appreciate one of God's purest creatures?

7. You come back from the weekend with scratch marks.

This is the badge of honor that you have a dog who loves you.

8. Your friends know your "dog voice."

I mean, you talk about him enough. They know the voice you use when you talk to or about your dog.

9. You're not used to having the whole bed to yourself.

What is space?

10. Your standards are high.

You know what unconditional love is, and you know that dogs are so much nicer than most people.

11. You can't wait to go back and see him again.

Nothing beats the face and sounds they make after you haven't seen them for two weeks. (Or two hours for that matter.)