An Open Letter To My Long-Distance Best Friend

"A true friendship isn't about being inseparable, it's about being separated and nothing changes."

156

To my long-distance best friend,

Thank you for being right by my side through it all. It may not always be there in person all the time, but I know you're always a phone call or a text away. At any hour of the night I know you will pick up, because you know I have some kind of news to tell you or just want to talk. I can honestly say I am so happy you came into my life. If we did not cross paths, I am not sure where I would be in life.

You are my best friend, and you changed me for the better. Without you, I would not be as happy as I am today. Distance only makes our friendship grow stronger. You really do bring out the best in me, and I cannot thank you enough for that. I really wished we lived closer so I could bother you all the time, but that is why the distance is good. You have seen me at all hours of the day, at the happiest moment in my life, and when I hit rock bottom. You changed my life by just being a part of it. I trust you with everything because I know you will keep a secret. Every time you make fun of me, I know the judgment is all out of love. Thank you for the laughs, the cries, and everything in between. Distance means so little when someone means so much.

Being away from a best friend for a while is hard. You can talk through the phone or computer but nothing compares to being together in person. Nothing feels better when you have not seen your best friend in a while and you see each other for the first time. Running to each other and locking arms and never letting go is such a astonishing feeling. The best part about having you around is although I don't see you for long periods of time, when we are back together, everything feels like we never left each other.

See you soon,

Your long-distance best friend.