Lonely or Worthy

Lonely or Worthy

Confusing loneliness and worthiness

1
Lonely or Worthy
McKenna Hickman

What? Who loves the feeling of loneliness? That horrible, wrenching pain inside you heart when you feel a little left out or less than.... sorry that isn't comforting. It begins to make me wonder why ME. Why do I have to be in this season of life? Why do I have to feel alone?

Jesus said "you are set apart not set aside."

I really often confuse my loneliness with my worthiness. I feel like because I don't get invited or I don't get attention that I am not enough. Jesus says otherwise about us. He has set us apart from what the world sees as "normal". He wants us to stand out and sometimes that translates to our heart as a feeling of loneliness because we don't get to be like everyone else. Rejoice today. He has set you apart. He doesn't want you to be in with the "crowd." He has designed you for uniqueness. You are rising up as a leader instead of a follower.

Reflect on your situation.

Sometimes a time of loneliness is necessary in our lives. I think back to the story in the Bible of the woman at the well and oh how I relate to her so much. She went to the well to draw water by herself. She was going there to get what she needed and return home. She has no expectation of meeting anyone there. Jesus met her there though. In probably her most lonely time of the day He chose to be there and to speak to her and reveal Himself to her. That is Jesus with us too. We sometimes just need to get alone, to walk alone to the well, so that he may have an opportunity to get to know us a little more or to prepare our hearts. This was her moment, you know, the one that changed her whole life. So don't miss out on a time of growth or preparation like I almost did because you are getting loneliness and worthiness confused. He wants to KNOW you.

Embrace where you are.

Soak in this season with me because now we know that He is there working in every season we are in. You might be like me and feel a lot of lonely or you might be the opposite but that never changes the fact that he is working on us. He wants to KNOW us. Just like the woman at the well He met her where there was no distraction and no temptation. We need the solitude at times to just sit with Him. We need to shut out the world and gaze at heaven for a moment. He is placing big dreams in our hearts, many opportunities in front of us daily, and using our souls that are on fire for Him to touch others. He is CHOOSING you and whispering "You are enough. You are loved." He is working all things together for our good.