Lonesome

Lonesome

Who wants to talk? Can we?

1
Lonesome
https://pixabay.com/sk/photos/kvapiek-vody-voda-kvapalina-%C4%8Derstv%C3%A9-578897/

I am so lonely.

I could do a smile, but deep down.

I want someone to talk to.

Can we? Can we talk?

Will you talk to me?

I am terribly sad and don't know why.

My heart is aching.

Aching for someone to talk to.

I wanna smile, laugh and talk.

Can you be this someone that I can?

That I can talk to?

-Jin

Life Is Messy

Finding who you are in your 20s

567
Life Is Messy
https://www.pexels.com/photo/shallow-focus-photography-of-yellow-sunflower-field-under-sunny-sky-1169084/

I am 25 years old and just now learning who I am. When I separated from my husband I was terrified of what would follow. I did not know who I was outside of a relationship, nor did I know how to be on my own. It was scary, and I was so lost. I spent months discovering who I was, and what I wanted to be. I am still searching as I believe we never truly know who we are even when we "grow up". I came to the realization that I had been hiding a part of myself for my entire life. Coming out was not easy, growing up in the church made it scary, and hard. I was told growing up that being anything but straight was such a sin, and that i would spent my life in hell because of it. I came out to my parents when I was 25 years old. I picked up the phone and called my mom, and uttered the words "I'm queer" through tears. I knew my parents would be supportive, but that didn't make it any easier for me to vulnerable and raw. Since then, I have slowly started being more authentic in who I am, and not hide parts of me just because of people's shitty opinions.