12 Local News Articles You Just Had To Click On
News

Because you had to know about the cow that escaped the nativity...

20
Google Images

Every news source is always trying to get readers to click on their articles to view from their side. Politics aside, sometimes what pulls us in is not the content of the article as it is displayed. Rather it is how the information is portrayed to drag you in. From recent to old, from pleasant to excruciating, here are some 6ABC News posts you couldn't help but click on.

I'm not gonna hold your hand and tell you what every single article is about. I'll post each link for you to read on (or in some cases watched) as I was compelled to!

1. Obama, Biden spotted having lunch at a D.C. Bakery

Remember the days of the Obama/Biden memes? Good times. Those that thrived off of each sitting during his Presidency rejoiced at this news heading.

2. 'Hot Water Challenge' leaves Indiana teen severely burned

First Tide Pods, what's next? These kids today don't know what a safe challenge is.

3. Remains of N.J. Tuskegee Airman Identified Nearly 74 years later

I personally am always drawn by articles like this. It has a touch of history and reminds us that our current events aren't the only things that have shaped our lives.

4. Police: Shark stolen in baby stroller, back at aquarium.

When I first saw this pop up in my Facebook feed I thought it was some teenagers that thought it would be a funny prank. No. Apparently, some adults just wanted a pet shark or something...

5. Toddler hands out burritos to firefighters battling Carr fire

One of those heartwarming articles that make you want to believe that the world isn't as dark as we know it to be. This little girl feels a personal responsibility to care for the fireman. Her uncles and grandfather are all involved in the firefighting efforts.

6. Man arrested for exercising naked at Planet Fitness

I got nothing on this one. Maybe he took 'judgment-free' just a tad past the intended line.

7. Facebook finds 'sophisticated' efforts to disrupt elections

Not that we don't love hearing more about Russia. Facebook claims to have uncovered a 'conspiracy' between accounts. The accounts were coordinating and appeared to be fake accounts.

8. 1,642nd victim of 9/11 World Trade Center Attack identified

I don't think this one is appropriate to post a photo or a GIF. It is a reminder that there are still people waiting for answers concerning their loved ones. It's one thing to know because the circumstances say it, but another to know it and have the closure you didn't know you were looking for.

9. Mom in Pa. out 300 ounces of breast milk after USPS destroyed it

I feel absolutely awful for this family. We see tremendous tragedies every day, but sometimes it's the more mundane things that can be an inconvenience. She had been counting on this milk to feed her son, and it's something that cannot be replaced.

10. Pa. woman impaled by beach umbrella.

Thanks, rescuers.

11. Hundreds of gallons of gas stolen in Wilmington

This is admittedly one of the scarier news articles we've seen. Because we had no idea why the gas was stolen. We all know what we automatically think. But hey, let's be optimistic right? Don't let panic take over...

12. Cow escapes Philly church nativity scene, takes walk on I-95

If you live in the Philly area, chances are you remember from this past Christmas season. Perhaps you woke up and thought, 'am I reading that right?' Since where I live is all farm country, I know how hard a cow would have to work around here to get anywhere near a roadway. That's a lot of effort. Good job cow.