I Went With A Triple Room Freshman Year, And Now I Know Three ISN'T Actually A Crowd

I Went With A Triple Room Freshman Year, And Now I Know Three ISN'T Actually A Crowd

Whenever I want to go out to the store or just to the dining hall, I am guaranteed to always have a buddy to go with me, and it's the BEST.

Keleri
Keleri
293

When I decided to go to Western, there was pretty much no question that I would be living on campus. While my hometown is only about an hour and a half away, that just was not a reasonable commute, so I knew I'd be making the move up to Bellingham. And as many of us know, living on campus can be extremely expensive.

In an effort to cut down a bit on this cost, I opted to receive a triple room. I'd had my own room for around the past 10 years, but I didn't think I'd mind sharing a room with two other people, especially if I got along with them. Instead of leaving my roommate selection up to chance, I spent several weeks looking for two others who would also be willing to have a triple room and that also would have a good roommate dynamic.

It took several weeks, but eventually, I found Alyssa and Kaity, two other soon-to-be freshmen that were just as obsessed with Harry Potter as I am. After solidifying our decision to be roommates, we talked back and forth online for several months, figuring out what we were all bringing for the room and also expressing our excitement for the year to come.

Well, I've been living with these two in our triple room for about a week and a half now. And I've gotta say, it's even better than what I was originally expecting.

Obviously, I was hoping that we would be friends and share our space peacefully, but it became clear very quickly that this would never be an issue. If I was worried about being friends with my roommates, I definitely shouldn't have been. They're both incredibly sweet and we all just click really well.

We all obviously have our own schedules, but both of my roommates are really courteous when they get up in the mornings before me (my first class of the day isn't until 11 a.m., so usually I'm a little late to the party), and I try to be as quiet as I can when I'm still doing my chemistry homework at 11 p.m.

Even the amount of space hasn't been an issue, because we each have our own desks and own beds so it doesn't feel that cramped! I have enough space to do my thing and they have enough space to do theirs.

While living with other people means I don't always get that alone time (social interaction can be so draining sometimes), if I let them know I need some time by myself, they always give me the space that I need.

Honestly, I wasn't sure how living with two roommates was going to go, but I'm definitely enjoying the experience and I can't wait to go through the rest of the school year with my new best friends!