The Error In Trying To Please Everyone

The Error In Trying To Please Everyone

You're only human, and you have to live for yourself, too.

14
The Error In Trying To Please Everyone
howtolyfe.blogspot.com

Irony has a funny way of sneaking up on me most days, but this is one topic that I probably relate the most to right now. Trying to please others more than yourself is a dangerous web to become entangled in. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who can relate to the words to come, and if you find any similarities with some of your own friendships or relationships, it might be time to re-evaluate them.

It's an impossible feat to set your sight on making each and every person happy. You're in control of your life and what you want to do, no matter how much good you want to do unto others. You get to make your own decisions and you're the only one who's in charge of thinking for yourself. If you realize that you're trying to impress someone more than taking care of yourself, it might be time to check your priorities.

If you feel like you have to constantly impress or please someone in order to make them stick around, that's when you should start to think about things. Relationships and friendships with others are mutual, not a one-way street. The reciprocating end should accept you for everything that you are, faults and all.

It. Is. Okay. To. Say. No. Becoming wrapped up in trying to please anyone more than taking care of yourself is one of the worst things you can do when it comes to personal growth and overall happiness. Personally, I've dealt with and have been dealing with some manipulative people who will make me feel awful if I don't get cater to their every whim. It's more than okay to have different agendas and to hang out with different people. If you've been dealing with someone who has been a toxic influence in your life, it might be time to cut the cord.

It's your life -- point blank. Stay focused on keeping yourself happy before you invest all of your time and effort into those around you. No matter how important someone is to you, you're only human. Focus on your goals and ambitions before trying to make everyone else happy, especially if those people are making your relationship with them feel tiring or forced. There's only so much you can do for others, and it's your right to be able to make your own decisions.