Live Your Life In A Positive Way, Have More Fun

Living Life With A Positive Outlook Is Really Fun

Turn that frown upside down!

153

I have always combated awkward situations with a joke... actually I try to make a joke out of every situation. I was laying in bed one night thinking about my day and realized that most of my jokes during the day had been negative. Even though I was telling the jokes in a lighthearted way, some comments were unnecessary. So I decided to change and I am so glad I did.

It is honestly hard to change gears completely. I have to really think before I speak or say something I think is funny. I still tell jokes and blabber random things when I'm nervous, but opt for a positive spin. I have noticed a huge difference in my life. I start my day positively by reading the Bible or a morning devotional. I walked home in the rain the other day and wasn't mad...that's how you know Jesus is working. I spend the rest of my day pumping myself up. If I think something negative I immediately change the comment to a positive. I have noticed that my negative thoughts are few and far between now.

I have been so freakin' happy lately. Like, y'all, I am pumped.

Being positive is so fun — who knew (lol). I have started to surround myself with people and things that make me happy and cut out the negative. If you were walking up a mountain and had rocks in your backpack holding you back, you'd throw them out. I have learned that I have to do the same for myself. I think it is okay to be selfish when working on yourself.

Another pro tip: adding Jesus into my daily life has been the bomb.com. Jesus was usually just a Sunday dude, but wow I was missing out. Yes, my active positive thoughts are helping, but I know that nothing could make me as happy as He does.

So the point of the story is: add Jesus, think positive, and surround yourself with love. Life is so fun and I am so grateful I snapped out of my rain cloud ways.