10 Songs For Every Mood

10 Songs For Every Mood

These are songs for 10 moods you might be feeling.
8331

For people like me, music is an outlet. Just like reading and writing, I find myself getting caught up in the words, analyzing different meanings behind the verses, and trying to understand how something so beautiful could relate to me. No matter what mood you are in, there's always a song that perfectly understands your situation and how you're feeling. Personally, I listen to music every day and I can't imagine what life would be like without it. Whether I'm walking to class with my headphones in as a morning wake-up routine or to distract myself from the outside world, music always has an answer. Without music, I think the world be a very desolate place. So, take a look at a few of the different genres and songs that I like to listen to or that I think might fit your mood. If you haven't heard of them, it's an opportunity to explore the infinite realm of music. I hope you enjoy.

1. Music for when you're happy.

When you're happy just about any song works. Listen to something upbeat if you want to keep the happiness going, and just focus on the greatness of life. Here are a few songs that never fail to make me smile:

"Geronimo" - Sheppard

"Shut Up and Dance" - Walk the Moon

"Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah)" - Andy Grammer

2. Music for when you're sad.

Sad days are the worst, but thankfully, there are SO many songs to make you feel better. Just remember you're beautiful and deserve all the happiness in the world. Listen to these songs for a little bit of help:

"Bad Day" - Daniel Powter

"Scars To Your Beautiful" - Alessia Cara

"Don't Worry Be Happy" - Bobby McFerrin

3. Music for when you're angry.

When you're angry, listen to something loud! Yell the lyrics and let all your emotions out. The lyrics don't have to relate to your feelings, but they most definitely can. Here are some examples of what I would listen to:

"Misery Business" - Paramore

"This Is Not an Apology" - Bea Miller

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana

4. Music for when you're relaxed or tired.

When I'm relaxing or feeling a little tired I like to listen to slower-paced, acoustic, or laid back songs. It keeps my mind at ease and gives me a sense of peace. They don't have to have a particular meaning. It's just something to chill out to. Try listening to these songs:

"Drift Away" - Uncle Kracker

"We All Grow Up" - Lily Kershaw

"Daydreamin'" - Ariana Grande

5. Music for when you're confused.

When you're confused, it's best to hear music that reassures you that it's OK to not know what you're doing 100% of the time. Nobody has everything together. Breathe, take a step back, and remember that it's OK to be confused. Then, listen to some of these songs:

"Vienna" - Billy Joel

"The Show" - Lenka

"I Don't Have The Answers" - We Are Messangers

6. Music for when you're stressed.

Personally, I like listening to instrumental or classical music when I'm stressed. It's very calming, and proves that music doesn't even need words to understand exactly how you feel and provoke emotion. Try these:

"Minnesang" - Yiruma

"Piano Sonata No. 14" - Beethoven

"I Offer Prosperity and Eternal Life" - Valgeir Sigurdsson

7. Music for when you're lonely.

Use loneliness to remind you of the importance and value of self-worth. You have an extraordinary amount of power inside of you. You don't need someone else to complete you. Take notice of that and empower yourself. Some uplifting songs may look like this:

"Girl On Fire" - Alicia Keys

"Rise Up" - Andra Day

"Burning Gold" - Christina Perri

8. Music for when you're bored.

Throwbacks are the way to go when you're bored, because if you put on a childhood bop, there's no way you can resist jamming out alone or with your friends. These songs never fail me:

"Fergalicious" - Fergie

"Hollaback Girl" - Gwen Stefani

"Check Yes, Juliet" - We The Kings

9.Music for when you're heartbroken

This is another time where it's OK to be sad. Some things don't work out, but remember that there's always something better waiting for you in the future. Just give it some time. For now, listen to these:

"I Really Don't Care" - Demi Lovato

"Shout Out To My Ex" - Little Mix

"DONE." - The Band Perry

10. Music for when you're in love.

Ahhhh, love. So many genres of music involve this topic. You can be happy listening to any sweet song about someone you care about. Try some of these:

"Can't Help Falling in Love" - Elvis

"Head Over Boots" - Jon Pardi

"Say Hey (I Love You)" - Michael Franti & Spearhead

I know there are a ton of singers, songs, and genres that inspire emotions and fit different moods. The list could go on forever! What are some of your favorites?