15 Songs To Listen To If You Need A Break From The World

It might be over soon.

4610
Indie Business Network

Everyone is stressed and sometimes it gets the better of them. And with that, and just in general, everyone needs to take a break from the world. A break means many different things to different people. To some people that means just being able to sit on the couch and breathe for a couple of minutes. For others it could mean grabbing a bag of chips and watching Netflix by themselves, and for others, it's music. Music is known to help people relax, and to get their minds out of the stressful state it once was in. Music can bring people to laugh out loud, to jump for joy, to dance, to sing, and even to cry and let all of their emotions out. Here is the perfect "songs for when I need a break" playlist.

THE PARTY SONGS

1. Sorry--Beyonce

Download the entire LEMONADE album and you have yourself some party jams that will sure knock you out of your slump, and could knock a hip out from dancing so much. Beyoncé always makes everything better, right?

2. Yeah!--Usher

Another club song. If you like to work out to relieve stress, try looking up different crunch and abdominal work outs and use this song, it truly gets you pumped!

3. Promiscuous--Nelly Furtado

I mostly put this because it's on "Just Dance" for the Wii and that could help you get out of your bad mood.

4. Closer--The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey

Everyone loves this song. It makes everyone happy and it's so addictive that you can listen to it on repeat without getting bored of it. Attach a song like this to a happy memory with friends and then listen to it whenever you're down.

5. It Wasn't Me--Shaggy

Every friend of yours probably knows this song. It's a classic. Grab your speakers, order pizza, buy some ice cream, call your girls over, and have a dance party to take the stress away. I know that always works for me.

TAKE A DRIVE SONGS

6. Needed Me--Rihanna

If what's bothering you at the moment is a break up, get in your car, drive down to an empty parking lot, roll down the windows, and scream sing this to your ex, who obviously isn't there.

7. Beachin'--Jake Owen

Honestly this song or any other country jam works for this section. This song always takes me back to going to the beach, the fresh salty air, sand between my toes, and wavy beach hair, and immediately puts a smile on my face.

8. Work--Rihanna ft. Drake

This also goes along with party songs, but sounds great with just you in the car with it blaring, or you and your friends with the bass cranked, windows down, rolling through the city wasting time.

9. A Thousand Miles--Vanessa Carlton

Perfect. That's all I need to say.

10. Don't Stop Believin'--Journey

This also doesn't really need an explanation. You understand just by looking at the title.

THE CALM ONES/SILENT JAMS

Warning: There's a good chance you may have never heard these songs before.

11. Saturn--Sleeping At Last

Sleeping At Last is a band that has a bunch of music that soothes the soul. This song starts out completely instrumental until you hit the middle and it's melts you into this perfect relaxed feeling.

12. Ghosts--James Vincent McMorrow

This is so good. It's quiet, but intense, but so good and it won't make you cry. If you like alternative/indie style music that nobody listens to this is your type of song. I highly recommend looking up McMorrow and making a playlist of his songs.

13. Sleepyhead--Passion Pit

The beat is weird, the tone is weird, it's definitely not something that is played on the radio, but it's great for those awkward dance jams by yourself. Passion Pit has this gift to make amazingly weird but perfect songs. I also love "Where I Come From" and "Take A Walk" by them.

14. Everybody--Ingrid Michaelson

I love this song. Ingrid Michaelson puts great messages out in her music and takes life and looks at it positively with no exceptions and it's so great. Her songs truly make people feel all happy and warm inside when listening to them.

15. Over Soon--Bon Iver

This one is probably the weirdest, most "out-there" song on the playlist. It has weird beats, weird voices, random instruments, and gives you the goosebumps. I have one suggestion for anyone reading this: if you are a dancer, work with this, this is a song that can test limits, but could make a great contemporary or modern dance.

These songs are some of my personal favorites, and are certainly songs that I listen to when I am in a bad place and need to get out of my head and calm down. If you have never heard some of these please feel free to grab headphones type it in to YouTube and try them out, and let me know if they have helped you in any way! Remember to always give yourself time to sit and relax once a day so you do not overload in stress it's super important.