Listen to The Kid President

Listen to The Kid President

138
Listen to The Kid President

A 10-year-old with true creativity and imagination = society's newest inspiration.  

I have a question for all of you "adults" out there. At what point in our lives did we start getting down ourselves? At what point did we start to believe we couldn't achieve something? And when did we start looking at life so complexly? When in reality, there's no reason why we can't think, believe, and be awesome every single day of our lives. A genius thought, right?   

One year ago, I was introduced to a brilliant 10-year-old kid named Kid President in Lisa Laughter's COM 138 class. Kid President, otherwise known as Robby Novak, is a charismatic young boy, a TED speaker, and a Youtube sensation. Robby has Osteogenesis Imperfecta, a brittle bone condition, that has resulted in over 70 breaks since he was born. Despite his circumstances, he doesn't let it impact his capabilities or let it define his life. He's an inspiration and is making the world a better place, one video at a time. 

Kid President's videos are simple, comedic and nothing short of entertaining. It's the little things in life that make the biggest difference. Nothing he says is ridiculous or extraordinary, it's just uplifting and optimistic. The content is relatable for people of any age. He's interviewed and worked with President Barack Obama, Jamie Foxx, Jeremy Lin, Beyonce, Kevin Costner, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, and everyday awesome people all over the globe. Every Kid President video is sure to leave you with loads of positivity and happiness.  

Maybe I'm biased because I love being able to positively impact people's lives, or because I love to dance! But the way Kid President makes people feel full of joy, motivation, and appreciation for others is how I feel when I'm at WSU. This sense of love and community is exactly what being a Coug is all about! If you're a WSU student, then you've heard the phrase, "Coug Help Cougs." Kid President is about people working together, helping each other, and making the world a better place!  

Don't believe me? Well don't be such a pessimist. Watch Kid President instead. 

My Favorite Kid President Quotes

• "Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody" 
  • "If it doesn't make the world better, don't do it!" 
  • "You can cry about it...or you can dance about it" 
  • "It's everybody's duty to give the world a reason to dance!" 

For more Kid President, check out the links/webpages below!

Cover photo courtesy of xo-inmyroom.com