28 Of The Most Beautiful Celebrity Brides Ever

Wedding season is almost upon us.

2058
Vogue

As we continue to move through spring, we inch closer and closer to wedding season. As a self-proclaimed wedding enthusiast and a love of bridal-wear, I've decided to mark the coming occasion(s) with a list of some of the most fabulous famous brides in recent memory. Most celebrity weddings don't last, but luckily for us the pictures do.

1. Gene Tierney, 1941

This classic Hollywood leading lady's gorgeous dress from her first of two weddings was particularly unique because it was designed by her groom, Oleg Cassini (who would notably become a favorite designer of Jackie Kennedy).

2. Elizabeth Taylor, 1951

At just 18, Elizabeth Taylor wore this classic dress designed by Helen Rose (who would go on to design Grace Kelly's famous gown) to her first of eight weddings, this one to Conrad Hilton Jr., the great-uncle of Paris and Nicky.

3. Jacqueline Kennedy, 1953

A stunning gown for a stunning bride. African-American designer Ann Lowe made the dress over a period of more than two months and from 50 yards of fabric. It's been said that she wasn't a fan of the dress which is hard to imagine since she wears it like she's doing it a favor.

4. Audrey Hepburn, 1954

The style icon modeled this look at her first of two weddings, this one to Mel Ferrer. Let's be honest: she could have worn a paper bag and still looked more chic than any of us.

5. Debbie Reynolds, 1956

Just a few years after she found her big break starring in "Singin' in the Rain," Debbie Reynolds was quite the blushing bride when she married singer Eddie Fisher. We have this couple to thank for giving the world our Princess Leia, Carrie Fisher. If you don't already know how this marriage turned out, just stay tuned for #...

6. Grace Kelly, 1956

Grace Kelly will forever be considered one of the most iconic brides of all time. Her marriage to Prince Rainier of Monaco, to whom she remained married to until her untimely death in 1982, marked her transition from Hollywood starlet to princess. Before there was Kate Middleton, there was Grace Kelly.

7. Jayne Mansfield, 1958

The blonde bombshell wore a mermaid-style gown decades before they became the popular style we know them to be now. When you have a body like that, why wouldn't you? This was her second of three marriages, this one to former Mr. Universe Mickey Hargitay. Yup, you read that last name right; you are looking at the super attractive parents of Olivia Benson.

8. Julie Andrews, 1959

Before her stints as a British nanny, an Ausrian nun-turned-governess and everyone's surrogate grandmother as the Queen of Genovia, Julie Andrews reflected the popular style of the time (especially thanks to the likes of the aforementioned Grace Kelly) as she married her first husband Tony Walton. Could she be any cuter?

9. Elizabeth Taylor, #4, 1959

Elizabeth was a vision in green for her fourth wedding. The unconventional dress choice was fitting as the marriage itself caused quite the scandal. It occurred barely a year after the death of her third husband, Mike Todd, who was a friend of her groom. To further complicate things and stir up outrage, her new husband was Eddie Fisher (remember him?) who began the relationship with her while he was still married and ultimately left his wife for her. It certainly didn't help that Debbie Reynolds and Taylor had been close friends prior to all of this. Talk about a classic case of the man-stealing best friend.

10. Elizabeth Taylor, #5, 1964

All that drama for a marriage that would last just five years! She married the most famous of her numerous partners, Richard Burton, just nine days after her divorce to Fisher was finalized. A bright yellow dress and elaborate flowered braid aren't the easiest looks to pull off but if anyone was going to be able to do it, it was her. She and Burton would ultimately divorce in 1974, remarry in 1975, and divorce again for good in 1976.

11. Mia Farrow, 1966

Just before her big break in "Rosemary's Baby" and years before her creative partnership and subsequent public scandal and falling out with Woody Allen, 21 year old Mia Farrow tied the knot with 51 year old Ol' Blue Eyes, Frank Sinatra, her first marriage and his third. The union lasted just two years but we have Sinatra to thank for Farrow's popularizing the pixie cut as she has reported that after a rash decision to chop off her previously long locks, he loved the look and she decided to keep it.

12. Priscilla Presley, 1967

The mother of all beehives! Priscilla was the envy of young women everywhere when she married the King in Las Vegas (which seems appropriate considering the abundance of Elvis-themed quickie wedding chapels in the desert town). Let's not forget the near recreation of the matrimony in the great American classic television series of our childhoods, "Full House." They're adorable. Seriously though, has there ever been a couple with more beautiful hair than this one?

13. Isabel Preysler, 1971

Though her name probably isn't one you recognize, we have the union of Spanish-Filipina beauty Isabel Preyer and Spanish singer Julio Iglesias to thank for Enrique. We are not worthy and will never be able to adequately express out gratitude. (Also, here's a random fact for you: when Julio's father died at 90, his 42 year old wife was pregnant with their second child. When she had their first when he was 89 he was quoted as saying he "felt just like Abraham." So Enrique has an uncle who's 12 and an aunt who's 10! The more you know).

14. Bianca Jagger, 1971

The Nicaraguan stunner wore this iconic two piece ensemble at her wedding to Mick Jagger in a prime early example of tasteful sideboob. If you didn't already feel bad about yourself, she was four months pregnant at this time.

15. Princess Diana, 1981

It's hard to say much about this look because she's just so effortlessly classic and elegant. Though it does feature beautiful neckline detailing and a staggering 25-foot train, the dress itself is relatively plain considering its size. What made it, and continues to make it, so beautiful and notable is the woman who wore it with such grace. With that much fabric it wouldn't have been hard for any other bride to be swallowed up in it, with the dress wearing her more than she wore it, but it was perfectly tailored to the young Lady Diana Spencer and we can't imagine her having looked any other way.

16. Emma Thompson, 1989

Talk about a bold, unconventional look. While I'm a sucker for traditional wedding dresses, when you're as cool and have as much moxy as Emma Thompson, you can wear whatever the heck you want! I'm still bitter about this Shakespearean supercouple's divorce as a result of Kenneth Branagh's affair with Helena Bonham Carter (he's my favorite Hamlet but that ain't cool, bro), but the fabulous Emma took it in stride and continues to be completely awesome in all things she does. Slay, Queen, slay!

17. Celine Dion, 1994

Celine looked like her voice sounds for this wedding. This article expresses her getup's magnificence far better than I ever could. Honorable mention after her dress: this ridiculous croquembouche.

18. Carolyn Bessette, 1996

Her look is so effortless it's insane. She was known in the press for her minimalistic style as reflected by her clean, simple gown which to the envy many felt as she wed America's favorite bachelor, John F. Kennedy Jr. The marriage lasted just under three years before the untimely deaths of JFK Jr., Carolyn and Carolyn's sister Lauren in a plane crash but Bessette-Kennedy remains a bridal style icon.

19. Victoria Beckham, 1999

Relationship goals. The wedding of Posh Spice and David Beckham included some slightly, dare I say, almost tacky elements (the white tux, the crown, the off choice of flowers...it was the 90s after all) but Victoria Beckham looked nothing short of phenominal in a silk-satin Vera Wang gown with a crumb-catcher neckline. After nearly 17 years of marriage this couple is still going strong and, like a fine wine, have somehow managed to become even more really, really ridiculously good-looking.

20. Jennifer Aniston, 2000

I will never get over this! Why, Brad, why? One of America's favorite sweethearts looked beautiful as usual when she wed Brad Pitt in 2000. Luckily for our girl Jen, 10 years after her split she finally found happiness again with Justin Theroux when they tied the knot in 2015.

21. Claudia Schiffer, 2002

The stunning German model totally killed the wedding game when she married director Matthew Vaughn in 2002. The dress, the veil, the flowers...it's all perfect.

22. Kate Middleton, 2011

This dress is a total mic drop. It is flawless, she is flawless...there's nothing more I can say.

23. Jessica Biel, 2012

As far as colored dresses go, it's hard to get better than Jessica Biel did back in 2012 when Justin Timberlake put a ring on it.

24. Kelly Clarkson, 2013

Okay, maybe I'm biased because I love lace but Kelly Clarkson looked so pretty in her lace dress. Lace is love, lace is life.

25. Olivia Palermo, 2014

Olivia Palermo is amazing because not only did she literally wear a cashmere sweater to her wedding but she managed to pull it off. The sweater, short, and shirt were all designed by Carolina Herrera (it's not like anyone would expect less than couture from Olivia). She made a basic ponytail look chic as only she could. This look could easily seem silly or sloppy on someone else but she made it her own and looked awesome doing it.

26. Bar Refaeli, 2015

All right, to be fair this supermodel could have worn a trash bag to her 2014 nuptials (not to Leo as many may have hoped) in Israel and still would have shined. But luckily for us, she didn't, instead going with a super beautiful bohemian custom made Chloe dress.

27. Allison Williams, 2015

The gorgeous Allison Williams went with a classic, feminine lacy look for her wedding and it did not disappoint. When have lace sleeves ever looked bad? I'll tell you when: never.

28. Sophie Hunter, 2015

One-half of an emerging British power-couple (I mean, they are so ridiculously cute together there are no words), Sophie Hunter wore a custom lace Valentino gown that probably couldn't look any more perfect on her if it tried when she married Benedict Cumberbatch on Valentine's Day 2015. In the above photo published by Vogue, a pregnant Hunter is pictured with Valentino designers prior to the wedding and looks impossibly chic in the dress.