A List of Quick On-The-Go Meals For Broke College Students

Emphasis on the "broke"

305

If you're anything like me, you already know that we're all trying to weigh a dream weight (personal to every individual) while on a diet of double cheeseburgers and Mac n' Cheese. Although we can't particularly have this diet while still maintaining our dream size, there are a few things we can have on-the-go that are appropriate enough to scarf down while still being happy in our own bodies while living a strenuous life in college.

Breakfast: Overnight Oats.

Once upon a time, I was skeptical about the concept of overnight oats and for a simple reason: because I hate oatmeal. I'm not sure if I hate it because it's a rather boring concept related to food or for some other reason but I decided to finally take the plunge a few nights ago when two of my friends made it. My rendition of overnight oats includes my choice of rolled oats, cocoa powder, chia seeds, a half cup of Almond milk, dark chocolate chips and a one-eighth tablespoon of salt for the salty measure.

Lunch: Tuna salad lettuce wrap.

This just requires two cans of your choice of tuna, bits of lettuce leaves, a stalk of celery, cherry tomatoes, a hard boiled egg (for the side of course), lemon juice, salt, black pepper and a dash of red chili powder. After mixing this all, just add a dollop or 5 onto a leaf of lettuce and you've got yourself a light but filling lettuce wrap.

Dinner: DIY Steak Burrito Bowl.

One of my newest and favorite meals of all time, you can definitely make this in bulk for seconds and thirds. This involved steak, a cup of brown rice, thinly sliced peppers, onions, half of an avocado, your choice of salsa, lemon juice, and a ~sprinkle~ of Mexican blend cheese. PSA: I'm literally tearing as I write about this beloved steak bowl because I've already gone through the first, second and third of its leftovers.

A lil snacky: Oven roasted vegetable chips.

This is more bougie than "on-the-go" but it's healthy nonetheless. This just takes your choice of vegetables or just kale leaves with olive oil drizzled on top, a sprinkle of salt and pepper and lemon juice and finally just pop those bad boys in the oven for 15-20 minutes and you've got yourself a handful of snacks for the 4-hour class you have in a few minutes.

Bon Appétit!