Life With Morgan (Week 4)

Life With Morgan (Week 4)

The art of creativity and letting go...

9
Life With Morgan (Week 4)

Hello, everybody, and welcome back to Life With Morgan!!

I'm going to jump right into things this week. As mentioned in a previous blog post, running social media accounts is tough. Like super tough. While I believe many things contribute to making this so tough, constantly having to be creative by posting new content and then the struggle to truly let things go have got to be two of the toughest.

Over the past couple of years, I have worn a few different "hats," with different titles, and been in many positions where I have been on social media a lot, simply because in many ways, I had to be, and all of these "hats" made social media that much harder for me. Many people do not realize how much thought I had to put into a post and everything that just one post entailed.

As a college student and millennial, there are so many things that I want to post—memes that I can 100000% relate to, things I find funny, things that just show off my sassy, sarcastic, real-self, what I'm doing, and things like that. However, some of this does not always paint the best possible picture for myself, or my business, when I was all in with Mary Kay, so I had to be very careful with what I posted for that reason. For instance, I shared a meme the other day that said, "The US is 22 trillion dollars in debt, and they have the audacity to try and give ME a credit score? Worry about yourself first, baby girl." Another personal fav was "My room—messy. My thoughts—messy. My hair—messy. My life—messy. At least I'm consistent." While these are hysterical to me and absolutely a correct representation of myself and my life, along with countless other millennials, it is very possible that these memes alone could haven given the wrong idea to a customer or person considering joining my Mary Kay team.

img.jpg

One of the other very hard things about all of this is constantly having to be creative, especially in the Mary Kay world, and "pink bubble." The pressure of this is so hard and it's even harder to even have enough pictures to post with every Instagram caption, let alone writing the unique caption and everything else. It's hard to be creative and create your brand, when so many others are doing the same thing. It's hard to stay original and true to yourself and it is very easy to throw yourself right in and loose yourself. Honestly, that's part of the reason why I am now in the process of transitioning out of the "pink bubble" and Mary Kay.

For such a long time, I was worried about looking picture-perfect on all of my social media accounts. I wanted to appear like I have my life together, when in all reality, that couldn't be further from the truth. I am a complete hot mess who is embracing life one day at a time. For a while, this took a big toll on me. Now, I am me, just a 21 year old girl, who is trying to do the very best she can, and I'm learning that this is okay. I am learning that the only image I have to maintain is the one I create in my own head. I am learning that opinions are a dime a dozen and that validation is for parking. However, at the same time, I recognize the fact that I'm not always just representing myself, but a few other people and things in just life, and I do not take that lightly at all.

Certainly, being in the process of truly learning and applying all of this is not easy task and has not been an easy journey. On my journey to better myself and live my best possible life, I have had to do a lot of work on myself. Some of this unfortunately involved removing some toxic people from my life, both on and off social media. While this was very hard, I am very thankful to have somebody in my life who I am very close with and respect a great deal that reminds me, almost on a daily basis, to very careful who I hitch my wagon to and that, "If you show me your friends, I'll show you your future." I have applied these sayings to many aspects of my life and try to live by them. It really is okay to let things and people go.

Thanks for tuning in this week!! :)