Life Through The Eyes Of An Autistic Child

The brave young Autistic boy validates that love is the powerful source that drives individuals to overcome the submission of society toxicating the airs around them. Love conquers all.

517

Can you make it to the end? That is the common question asked when people click on this video.

This video puts into perspective what a boy with Autism experiences while doing something as simple as walking through the mall with his mother. Sometimes all it takes is to put ourselves in the eyes of another to see and feel what they do each and every day. In a world filled with ignorance, it takes videos like this to change the attitudes of many amongst us, especially those who have never taken into consideration the trials and tribulations others face.

“I’m not naughty, I’m autistic”. A boy with a disability, he has no control over how to prove himself to others.Why? Why is it that someone who views the world differently than others is pressured to prove their own abilities against individuals of a higher intellectual capacity? We, as humans are ignorant, selfish and blind.

In a short video that displays the world through the eyes of an autistic child, we are shown what this child experiences while walking through the mall. Most children with Autism do not acknowledge the fact that they have a disorder. In other cases, children with Autism know they are different and they let the mouths of society engrave their cruel remarks and exertions into their souls. Despite the common culture of children with Autism, the boy in this video, proves to the world, that he deserves to be loved.

“I am not naughty, I am autistic, and I am given too much information”. Picture this. Colors flashing directly in your faces, red, blue and yellow. Now, the flashes of a camera inside the photo booth continuously replaying, even when you’re long past it’s location.Squeaking shoes, that distract you enough to the point where you can’t continue walking through the mall. People stare. A woman comes up to you and asks you to quiet down. Everything that you have encountered in the mall overcomes your mind. People begin looking at you as if you don’t belong. As if you can’t be loved.

This is how the boy in the video, and other Autistic children feel constantly. Unwanted, unloved, and alone. This innocent boy went against other’s opinions and stood up for himself. When society was demanding him to give in to their gruesome peer pressure, he picked himself off the ground and told the world he was important and that he may be different , but he is by no means less.

When that boy brushed himself off and had the power to stand up for himself, in that moment it is clear how arrogant humans are. The boy in the video, overturned the conventional path of society, proving that love can help all individuals, cruel or kind alike, find a way to overcome the boundaries of conformity. The brave young boy validates that love is the powerful source that drives individuals to overcome the submission of society toxicating the airs around them. Love conquers all.