20 Lessons I've Learned In 20 Years
Life Stages

20 Lessons About Life And Love That I've Learned In 20 Years

Some of the amazing things I have learned over the last 20 years.

63
rocky beach
Caroline Parry

As my 20th birthday is approaching I wanted to write about the many things I have learned over the past two decades. It is really crazy to think that in a few days I am going to be 20 years old. The last few years of my life have gone by so fast and I have learned to cherish everything I experience.

1. Everything happens for a reason.

2. Everyone we meet in our lives serve a purpose, whether they are there for 10 years or 10 days, they are there for a reason.

3. Ramen noodles are an essential part of the college diet.

4. Always budget so you can pay your bills on time.

5. It is never a bad thing to ask for help.

6. Dogs are going to love you and celebrate you no matter what.

7. Material items are replaceable, memories are not.

8. Bad haircuts grow out.

9. College friends are going to be friends for life.

10. Living with a guy friend is just as much fun as it sounds. (Love you, Justin)

11. All-nighters are never worth it.

12. Your parents become more fun as you grow older with them.

13. My parents are way more popular than I am.

14. Sitting in bed on a Friday night watching Netflix and drinking wine with your best friend is way more fun than going out. (Love you, Kaleigh)

15. Remember to turn your car lights off at night or your car will die and your dad will be annoyed with your stupidity once again.

16. Love everyone and everything the same.

17. Just because you are not a size 0 does not mean you are not beautiful.

18. Intelligence is one of the most beautiful things a woman can have.

19. Honesty and telling the truth gets you farther in life than lying.

20. Life is precious and we need to appreciate everything we do.