10 Life Lessons I Learned Before Turning 20

Little Life Lessons I have picked up over the years.

493

I turn 20 very soon, I have decided to look back at my teen years and see what I have learned.

Have respect for everyone around you.

Having respect for your parents, managers and friends is really important because it makes all relationships stronger and healthier.

It's OK not to date in high school.

Don't force yourself into a relationship that you aren't 100 percent about. Listen to your friends and their honest opinions about who you are dating.

Engage in sports/extra curricular activities.

Be a part of a group. They teach social skills and getting to meet all different kinds of people. This helps later in life when getting a job.

Don’t half-ass anything .

Give everything a 100 percent because if you don't then you are just wasting your time.

Get a job in high school.

Start building your resume.

Do your job well.

Once you have a job try and stay for over six months because it will show later employers that you are loyal and will increase your chances or getting hired. Also, work hard at your job, have a positive attitude, and do what needs to be done well.

Be there for your friends.

Be loyal to those who you care about. But if the friendship seems one sided don't waste too much time on it.

Don't forget your siblings.

It is okay to grow apart, just don’t let it become permanent.

Remember all your parents did for you. 

Even though they raised you, once you graduate high school ask them for advice not rules. You will become friends with them and that’s a good thing.

Fake confidence till you have it.

No matter what you are doing, even if you don't feel confident in yourself. Because if you believe it so will every one around you