25 Facts That Will Help You Get Through High School

25 Things I Wish I Knew And Realized Before And During High School

This is nothing like the movies...

971

High school seemed like such a pivotal moment growing up. Everything in high school seemed so important. It felt as though one mistake or problem would ruin my life. However, later on, I realized that nothing was really that worrisome. High school is a time to have fun, but also a great time to transition from being a kid to being an adult, which is a scary thing. With this comes the fear of rejection and not fitting in. It is funny how in high school everyone tries to fit in, but when we were younger, fitting in wasn't that important. As I look back at high school, there are a few things that I wish I knew before high school or wish I knew while even being in high school.

1. Skipping class one time will not ruin your entire life.

2. The acne on your face literally does not matter. You're beautiful just the way you are.

3. The boy you are trying so hard to impress will mean nothing to you in a year. 

4. Bring coffee to school!

5. Bring snacks and don't care if people hear you eating in class. Everyone needs a pick me up.

6. Being popular isn't and never will be something that seriously defines who you are. It all won't matter after high school anyway.

7. Despite what your peers may think, you should appreciate your teachers.

8. Doing/not doing drugs doesn't make you cooler than anyone else.

9. Drinking doesn't make you cool either. In fact, drinking doesn't have any positive affect in my opinion. 

10. Talk to the kid sitting alone; even though it may not change your life, it could drastically changed theirs. Plus, it might surprise you. 

11. Many students think it's stupid to participate in school events. It's not. If you want to do something, then do it.

12. Wear sweatpants more often. (My school didn't really let you wear sweatpants, but you could get away with it if you really tried). 

13. Or you could wear a dress more often. It can be fun to look and feel nice. What you wear does impact your mood.

14. Wear what makes you comfortable.

15. Nobody will laugh at you if you sit alone at a lunch table for five minutes.

16. Utilize the library and the resources provided.

17. Don't wait 20 minutes to text someone back just to seem cool. 

18. Don't be afraid to tell your friends how much you love and appreciate them.

19. All the drama will seem like nothing. You'll get over it and it will seem so silly. It won't even matter after a while.

20. Help confused freshman, be nice to them. Remember how much you would have appreciated it a couple years ago. 

21. Don't be afraid to compliment people. It could make their day.

22. That fight you had with your parents really isn't that big of deal.

23. It is not a bad thing to cry.

24. Don't let your desire for a romantic relationship stop you from forming platonic relationships. In fact, it's probably best not to get in a relationship in high school anyway.

25. Try to remember that life does go on.