22 Reasons Why Life Is Too Short

22 Reasons Why Life Is Too Short

I urge you; live.
631

Have you ever come to a point in your life where you just do not have enough time? I'm there. Actually, I've been here for a really long time. I've been here so long that I've set up camp, star gazed, roasted marshmallows and just cried about all the things I have to do (I mean, I would do that if I had the time). I am constantly busy with a to-do list of 37 tasks that have to get done before Friday. I am always worried if I have enough time to eat a decent meal, see my family, get to work on time, finish my school work, and even think about having a social life. When everything seems to hit me all at once, I begin to stress out. Big time. Although, I can't stress out too much. Why?

Because I don't. Have. Time.

Although, among this crazy, wonderful mess that is my life, I have figured some things out. One lesson I've learned that has topped them all is this:

Life is too short.

Yes, this may sound cliche, but I can't tell you how true it is. Let me explain...

Life is too short to...

1. Worry about all of the things you can't change.

2. Be scared of going after what or who you really want.

3. Not call your grandma every once in a while.

4. Wake up with regrets.

5. Have bad friends.

6. Be a bad friend.

7. Not tell the people you love, that you love them.

8. Even care about what that girl from high school is doing.

9. Resent your family.

10. Not forgive.

11. Decline a dance.

12. Worry about what "they" will say.

13. Not give it all you've got.

14. Feel uncomfortable in your own skin.

15. Distance yourself from others.

16. Be upset all the time.

17. Not witness about Jesus when you have the chance.

18. Pass up Mexican food with your best friend.

19. Be self centered.

20. Not have fun on Friday nights with the people you love.

21. Dislike your job.

22. Pass without having smelled the roses.

Whether you're 19, 28, 47, 56, or 65. I promise; Life is too short.

I pray you don't wait until the weekend to live, because the weekend is short, the weekend is busy, and what if the weekend never comes.

Your to-do list will still be there waiting for you no matter what. So, why not make the most of every day and actually enjoy your life.

In the words of Oscar Wilde, "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”

So, I urge you; live.