Embracing The Seasons of Changes In Our Lives

Sometimes transitions are simple, and some are not

27
Photo by Jeswin Thomas from Pexels

There is something refreshing in the transitions that all of us go through life, in fact, if you think about it there are a lot of aspects of ourselves that are being shaped and molded into something new each and every day. The things we read, the music we listen to, the films we watch, the people we associate with all shape us, and there is a part of us that are aware of this, but we try not to notice until the final stage of the transition has completed.

Stopping for a brief moment, we will find ourselves thinking about what we were like a week ago, a month ago, even a year ago, and we will notice that there is a huge difference how we change as people. There is a line in one of the most famous songs that comes out of the 90s titled, "One Headlight" by The Wallflowers that makes the statement, "Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same". When you think about this in the context of what we are talking about then we can all agree that we have this weird transition where we are unsure of who were are and where we are going.

While it can be daunting at times, it is also quite invigorating. There is something beautiful in this chaotic mess of trying to figure ourselves out, figure out where our passions lay, what path we are meant to take, and finding the answers and solutions to the questions that are burning deep inside.

As 2021 continues to take its baby steps into springtime all of us are going to find ourselves in a world where things around us are going to change drastically in more ways than one, and while we are hesitant and unsure, there is bound to be a silver lining. There is always going to be positives and negatives in life, and while this pandemic is still the negative aspect of it, all of us are going to find the positives that are lurking beneath.

Maybe you will find different aspects of yourself that even your own family never knew. Maybe you will find a passion or a hobby that you enjoy. And maybe, just maybe there might be someone out there in the midst of the chaos that was meant to walk by your side, and be a companion.