Life Only Gives You What You Can Handle
Religion

When You Feel Like You’re Falling Apart, Remember That Life Only Gives You What You Can Handle

I don't believe in God, but I believe the universe works in strange ways.

858

I have lived a wonderful life, a blessed life, way more so than others.

However, on the few really tough occasions I have gone through my mom has always said, "God only gives you what he thinks you can handle."

This quote has always made me feel incredibly better. It has made me feel hopeful —invigorated to take on the looming change that awaited me whether it was good or bad.

For years it has given me a piece of mind despite the fact I do not believe in God. I am not one that follows religion.

One of those strange ways is the idea of fate, or destiny if you are spiritual. If not, then it is the idea that we have the ability to take responsibility for our choices and our lives — roll with the punches some would say.

We have the power to let hard times go. We have the power to come over adversity and become a better person because of it.

I realize that when we go through tough times it is hard to believe everything will end up okay because at the moment it feels like we are falling apart.

When we are going through the tough times it can be really hard to believe it, but the universe really only does give you what you can handle.

Look back on all the hard times. You have come out of it, haven't you? If it isn't over, isn't it at least easier to handle? Have you at least accepted it?

There is always life after the fact. There is always life after hardship. Those hardships are going to lead you to where you are meant to be.

If you are in the middle of something that you think the universe or God threw at you and you do not believe you can handle it, just breathe. Remember you have thought this before, probably countless times and you can do it again now.

The universe only gives you what you can handle.

It is not easy, but your feelings are valid.

You do not have to feel strong to be strong in the face of adversity.

From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web