What Will Life Be Like After The Quarantine?

Maybe people will be more appreciative of school and work. People might have a better understanding of what teachers have to deal with. Maybe people will be nicer to the person who checks out their groceries at the supermarket.

95
https://www.pexels.com/@fauxels?utm_content=attributionCopyText&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pexels

One of these days, we will all be told that it is okay to come out of our houses. The quarantine restrictions will be lifted and life will go back to normal.

But will it ever truly be "normal" again, or will everything change?

Is it going to be like a scene out of a movie where everyone steps out of their house at once and the streets are filled with people not knowing what to do? Or will people go back to their regular routines?

Will businesses be closed forever? Will people still be struggling to make money?

What's it going to be like when kids go back to school again? Are the students and teachers going to act like it's a regular school day?

What's it going to be like for people to go back to work? Will they just smile at their colleagues and then go about their day as if nothing had happened?

What is the news going to report? If the virus is no longer the big issue, will it go back to reporting the election, school shootings, and other crimes?

What will life be like after the quarantine?

You don't realize how much you rely on your routine until it is taken away. The question is, how will we adjust to going back to that routine?

I imagine the second that every state is told that we are allowed to go out to places and see other people, there are going to be a lot of emotional reunions. As of right now, most people have been quarantined for over five weeks.

People have been away from their loved ones for over a month. Friends have been separated. Teachers separated from their students. Workers separated from their work.

I have a feeling people are going to record those first interactions with people and will be sharing it all over social media.

For students and teachers, I imagine it will be a day like no other where everyone is excited to go back to school. The hallways will be loud with friends running towards each other for a hug, teachers smiling at their students with positive energy in the air.

There might not even be any teaching going on because everyone will just be trying to catch up with one another.

I imagine coworkers will act similarly as the students and teachers will. Everyone will be hugging or shaking hands. They might not be as productive that day in terms of their work because it's going to be a very overwhelming day.

After a few weeks or months once the quarantine is over, will life really go back to normal? Will it all blow over and people will just forget that it even happened?

Personally, I don't think so because how could people forget a time like this?

A time where people lost their loved ones. A time when families were separated. A time where students had to do all of their school work from home.

A time when people lost their jobs and were struggling each and every day. A time where people were fighting over toilet paper and cleaning products.

This has never happened before and it's going to be one of those times that people will always talk about years from now about what life was like under quarantine. It seems like something you would read about in history class except we aren't just reading about it... we experienced it.

I can see it now where students will be reading about the year 2020 in their history books, and the teacher will be explaining the coronavirus and the quarantine to the students. It'll become a part of history.

I think the first morning we are told we are allowed to leave our homes, people are going to be excited and nervous with butterflies in their stomachs. That will be a morning where people are going to want to get up early for work or school.

People are going to want to be out all day long. Restaurants, bars, and salons are going to be filled again, probably even more than they normally would be. Any opportunity for people to be out and about doing things they will be because I think people have realized how much they miss and appreciate eating out or going someplace fun with friends or family.

People are going to want to interact with others as much as they possibly can because they have been deprived of it.

It's going to feel like a magical day. It's going to feel unreal, but we won't be experiencing that day anytime soon, unfortunately. Please do your part and stay home. No one wants to do it, but what other choice do we have?

I promise you, that day will come when you will see your teachers again in the classroom, get to hang out with your friends, and hug your loved ones.

Just keep holding on to the thought of that day coming.