3 LGBTQ+ YouTubers You Should Know

3 LGBTQ+ YouTubers You Should Know

These individuals educate their audiences and give LGBTQ+ youth the representation and tools that they need in order to accept themselves.

264
3 LGBTQ+ YouTubers You Should Know
YouTube / Ash Hardell

YouTube is a really big place.

There are millions of channels and most of the time only the "original"/larger content creators are part your search result. I wanted to make this list to shine a spotlight on smaller LGBTQ+ creators who are making an impact within the community and in the lives of young people.

It was hard to pick three, but I wanted to offer people of diverse identities. These individuals educate their audiences and give LGBTQ+ youth the representation and tools that they need in order to accept themselves. Here are a few LGBTQ+ YouTubers you oughta know!

1. Ash Hardell.

Ash lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota with their wife Grace and their lovable pets. They identify as "hella queer," as their YouTube bio states, and has had quite the journey when it comes to their gender identity and expression; they recently come out as transgender in November 2017. Ash's video content is fun, educational, and beautifully edited and shot.

They've done collaborations with a variety of people like Alayna Fender (an openly bisexual woman) and Alex Bertie (a transgender man); Ash has also created adorable videos for their wife and their wedding video and vows are even featured on their channel!

While Ash made content on their channel for years, their most recent accomplishment is their book, The ABC's of LGBT, which came out in September 2016; it serves as an educational tool for anyone who is curious about the LGBTQ+ community. Sexuality and gender identities from across the spectrum are covered along with true stories from members of the community.

2. Stef Sanjati.

She is a transgender woman based in Toronto, Canada. Her subscribers are called the Bread Squad and she is the Bread Mom. On her channel, many of her videos document her transition; yearly Hormone Replacement Therapy updates, laser hair removal and in December 2016, she documented her recovery process from Facial Feminization Surgery.

Stef has done collaborations with many fellow LGBTQ+ YouTubers, such as Ty Turner (a transgender man), to talk about various issues facing the community or common questions. Her videos, while educational, are very casual; her humor and honesty sparks conversations that need to happen across the web and in day to day life.

3. Chris Rhodes.

Chris is a transgender man who lives in Austin, Texas with his fiance, Anna, his sister, Courtney, and her girlfriend, Kristin. He has a YouTube channel where he too documents his transition; he also has a series called Big Brother Chris where he offers tips and information about transitioning (specifically FTM) along with his person experiences.

He also co-owns a clothing brand, with his sister Courtney, called FLAVNT; not only does the brand offer LGBTQ+ centered clothing but also helps raise money for a community member (whom they partner with) to fund their gender-affirming surgery.