To All My Friends, No Matter How Long I've Known You

It doesn't matter if its been years, months, or weeks.

27
cahb.photography

As we start to grow up, our friend group unravels.

We hang out with a certain friend group for a while, but eventually, we have to grow up and go our separate ways. After high school graduation, some of our friends will be going off to college, while others will be going off to serve in the military.

It may get tough at times, knowing that someone you have gotten to know quite well either goes off to fight for Our country or goes to college miles away. The best thing you can do is pray and hope that saying 'goodbye' to your friend is not the last 'goodbye'. Here are five statements I have to my friends.

So, friends, please know:

1. Please never forget the memories we have made throughout the years, months or even days that we have known each other.

2. Just know that I am always a text or a call away if you ever need anything. I can never be too busy, especially if you need advice ASAP!

3. Don't say "Goodbye" because it won't be goodbye. Let's call it a "see you later" type of thing. I don't want to think about never having to see you again because it hurts too much, so lets just say that we will see each other later. It hurts less that way.

4. Even if we don't see each other for years on end, when we see each other I want us to act like how we did before. Like we never stopped seeing each other every day.

5. I hope you have an amazing time with your life. Have fun and enjoy life before it's too late. Don't let anyone hold you back because you decide on what you want to do with your life, not anyone else. Live life to the fullest.

Even if we have a falling out throughout the years, I will always be a call or a text away. If you need a place to stay for the night, I will always be here. As we grow into the young-adults we are becoming, remember all of the funny and adventurous moments we have had. Remember me asking absurd questions because I can have my ditsy moments. Remember the endless summer nights, watching movies or playing video games. Remember all of the Waffle House dates that consisted of us shoving our face with the 'All Star Special'. Just remember all of the memories we've endured throughout our friendship. May we meet again.