Letters from a Girl Who's Done

Letters from a Girl Who's Done

Final part of "Letters from a Girl Who's Stuck in Love"

33
Letters from a Girl Who's Done
Pintrest

This is the last part of the trilogy of my friend's love life. I still have permission to write this from everyone who's work I used. She writes these letters basically as journal entries and doesn't intend for them to be published but I think it's a romantic story so she lets me. If you missed the first two parts of this story then this part won't make sense. If you're lazy, at least skim the second part so some of this makes sense.

Part 1: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/letters-from-girl...

Part 2: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/letters-from-girl...

The weekend after the week I mentioned in the last article, she is still upset and proceeds to forget all her frustrations through use of any and all nearby alcohol. It was a great weekend, but big stuff happened. That Saturday night she goes out with Edward and a couple other mutual friends including Danny. Where it just so happens that Edward professes his love for Monica. Insert obnoxious "ooo" noise here.

This next letter is to Robert and she claims it will be her last one written to him. This time I think she might actually move on.

Dear Robert,

You're not sorry, I'm not sorry, no one cares but the problem still exists, things will never be the same as they were. I can blame it on you, I can blame it on me, I can pretend nothing happened, but in the end, you still don't care and things can't go back to the way they were. I need to stop writing to you because it doesn't make anything better and only continues to make me look like the fool I have been for the past few months. Why am I still the optimist? How have you gotten so deep under my skin while never actually giving a sh*t about me in the first place? Everyone else could see it but me, even if I could, even though I do [see it now], even though I hate your guts and am fully aware that you couldn't care less for some reason I still do care. That is not okay because I need to move on and forget about you, and sometimes I feel that means I should never talk to you again, never see you again, never speak your name again, but here lies the problem, by this point in this convoluted non-relationship, your friends equal my friends, they are the same, and while I never want to communicate with you again I do not want to forsake them as well.To let you go, I need to let them go too. I will not be alone ... but [I am afraid] of losing the friendships of so many great people. The stain of your acquaintance sickens me so no matter whose fault it was/is, whatever. I just want to thank you for thoroughly destroying my world as I know it; goodbye, I won't be writing anymore.

- Monica

Monica writes another letter to the group of friends where she met Edward, Robert, and Danny. She thinks it's best that she doesn't hang out with them anymore because there's too much drama but they're her best friends so it'll be hard for her.

Dear Everyone else,

I think I need to leave the group. Thanks for taking me in and treating me as an equal and giving me a place, Ya'll's support through all of this will always mean more to me than ya'll will ever know. Thanks for taking care of me, agreeing with me and letting me hang, but it just doesn't feel right. Ya'll were his friends first, ya'll are closer friends with him and I would hope ya'll's loyalties lie with him, especially because most of ya'll have only met me once or twice. So most of this probably doesn't mean much to most of you. But to the few of you who have become my second family, I love ya'll and our friendship and probably always will but ya'll's constant proximity and relationship with him will never allow me to truly move on. I will never be able to really hang out with ya'll, without thinking about everything that's happened. It sucks but I need to do what's best for me and right now I think that's space from all of you so I can really clear my head. I can't hang out with all of you without thinking about him. I really hope ya'll can forgive me and maybe eventually we can be friends again but that may be awhile. I really hope ya'll can understand why I feel this way and I hope ya'll can forgive me. Again all of this may be unnecessary because ya'll might not even care.I don't really have a high opinion of males and their honestly at this particular moment. Please don't hate me, I'm sorry.

- Monica

Edward reads this letter over her shoulder as she writes it and being the good friend that he is, wants to help her. So he writes his own letter to help her in whatever way he can which is adorable because he is a complete gentleman and the best boy for her that I've heard about so far. I decided not to write it here just for the sake of saving space but just know it was perfect.

In the final letter, Monica realizes she couldn't possibly leave her best friends like that so she decides to be acquaintances with Robert and basically tolerate his presence.

Dear Everyone else again,

Okay, amendment to my previous note: what if I took Edward's advice about the situation and just shoved my feelings down about the whole thing, pretend it never happened and just be friends with ya'll like I should have been from the start. I would still be able to come over and we could hang like old times with none of the weird [relationshipy] tension from before. This sounds like a really good idea in my head which makes me nervous because I didn't really think there could be any good outcomes from this. It is also drastically different from all my other plans. I mean, if anything, this experience has made me realize how much that would work out. Anyway, maybe I really can move on and keep ya'll as my friends. Maybe even be friends with him again [someday]. Because maybe I'm overreacting just a smidge about this whole thing because he so obviously doesn't care so why should I? This might be a really bad idea but I think I would like to try because the alternative is way too scary to think about. Sorry for all the drama, I don't want it, I promise. Here's to hoping this works.

- Monica

P.S. Danny I still don't like you like, just want you to know, sorry if I've been leading you on.

Basically, Monica is finally over Robert and Edward likes Monica a lot and Danny has been pretty quiet about his feelings. I really want Monica and Edward to get together and I think they actually might but we'll see.