Letters from a Girl Stuck in Love

Letters from a Girl Stuck in Love

A real life love story of heartbreak with no conclusion

192
Letters from a Girl Stuck in Love
Renegade Tribune

One of my friends who doesn't want to be named has been in love with this guy for a super long time and he keeps breaking her heart. But for some reason, she keeps loving him anyway. That guy's best friend loves her but she doesn't love him. Every time the guy she loves hurts her, she writes a letter to him that she'll never send. Even though her situation is ridiculous, it's also kinda romantic that she never stops loving that guy. So for all the hopeless romantics out there, here's your real life love story. All the names have been changed to protect her identity and I do have her permission to share this.

This first letter is when she decides she's going to tell him how she feels even though it might ruin their friendship so she wrote it all down before she told him the next day.

Dear Robert,

Hey so I need to talk to you. I want to tell you something and I don't know how you're going to react. I don't know if you already know or not or even care, and at this point I don't really care if it messes everything up but I need to tell you something and I need your honest feedback because it's kinda driving me crazy but I really like you...I kinda have for a while now, and I haven't really known what to say or how to act, and I know you probably only like me as a friend, I'm not really sure because we haven't really talked in a while and you always kinda keep to yourself and your always talking to other people but you're never talking to me and you're always making jokes about me and Danny but for a while now it hasn't been Danny that I have liked. I feel like this might make me a terrible person or you might feel disgusted by me because you might only see me as a friend or the girl that Danny likes but I had to tell you because I just feel like I can't go another day without you knowing and knowing your response. I know I'm babbling but I don't really know what to say. I also feel like you might see me as creepy now and I'm sorry. I can go away you don't have to talk to me any more if it makes you uncomfortable I would understand I just need to know. I am really insecure about these types of things and I'm jealous of all the people you talk to because sometimes I just want you to talk to me. I want to be one of those people for you. One of the ones you feel comfortable talking to. I understand if you don't feel the same way but I have to know.

I'm sorry, Monica

P.S. sometimes I don't know why I like you because you are a total introvert so I feel like it would never work, but those rare moments when you let me in. I see a version of you that I know could be great, and I don't know why you are always tearing yourself down, and you keep pretending to be the worst version of yourself maybe that is the real you, but I would like to believe it's not. I don't want to change you, but I want you to know that you're not as awful as I believe you believe you are if that even makes any sense.

P.P.S. if you ever actually read this I'd probably kill myself from embarrassment

The next letter is from the first time she was hurt and frustrated. This all happens after she told him how she feels.

Dear Robert,

So I told you how I felt, and you said you were unavailable, but then the next day and every time after that I saw you, you got more flirty for lack of a better word. And to me, that is not okay. It feels like you are playing with my feelings in the knowledge that I like you, and that is definitely not okay. Especially when you have a girlfriend. I want to still be able to come over and be friends with you and hang out with the guys like always but I can't just think about you as a friend when you are constantly messing with me. I'm not telling you to stop completely but please keep your hands to yourself. It sends across the wrong message and it's not fair to me. If you are "never single" then I need to move on and you are not helping.

Also, I hope I didn't send the wrong message when I asked, "If you ever were single..." Because what I meant was I would really like to date you if you ever were single. I don't want to be someone you just mess around with. I don't want you to think you can just play with me and not consider me as a serious dating possibility because that is not okay. I will not just sit around and let you have your fun because for me it's not fun. It's agonizing and it's unfair to your girlfriend.

So this is what I'm saying don't touch me don't mess with me don't flirt with me don't lead me on as long as you are not single and can't be in a relationship with me. If you can't do that then I will stop coming over and hanging out with y'all and I won't talk to you anymore because I just can't take it anymore. It might be funny, and it might be a game to you, but it's not for me and I just wanted you to know.

-Monica

P.S. if you ever actually are single and you actually do want to be with me please tell me because the ball is in your court now

The third and last letter she's written so far is when shes hurt and frustrated because she feels like he feels the same way about her but isn't doing anything about it so she's mad.

Dear Robert,

Hey so I need to tell you something and it is something that has been needed to be said for a while. I know I already said that I like you and I know you have a girlfriend and I want to respect that but you don't make it very easy by constantly messing with me. I know we are friends and all but you know how I feel, and so you should know that it means something different for me.

I've had feelings for you for a while now but since you're 'never single', I guess there is no hope for me and I need to move on, but I can't do that if you don't stop messing with me and cuddling with me, even though it was really nice as I sorta asked for it, you have a girlfriend and it's unfair to her and it's unfair to me.

So I need you to stop being flirty with me because I need to stop waiting for you and move on because waiting for you is like waiting for rain in a drought useless and disappointing.

-Monica

*mic drop*

Right now, nothing has changed. Monica still loves Robert and Danny still loves Monica. Monica sees both of them on an almost daily basis because they are her best friends. She is not doing anything to break up Robert and his girlfriend. I'm probably more excited than you are to see the conclusion of this real life love story. I hear about these boys every day.