A Letter To My Weaknesses

You've been around for a long time. I feel like everywhere I go, you come with. People may not recognize you for what you really are but I sure do. You are all in my head. You are a result of a lie that someone insignificant spoke over me. You aren't just something I list in an interview as something I'm incapable of mastering, you are what I have been battling with for too long. You are not just a lie from the enemy, but a lie from myself that I keep foolishly believing. So no more, I can have you but you can't have me.

So many people think that they are just supposed to deal with you, sweep you under the rug and try to forget. But not me. I've told myself that there are things I can't do. "I can't cook, I can't exercise, I can't finish my work, I can't be their friend, I can't. I can't. I can't." What I really can't do is afford to feed myself these lies anymore. You are my weakness for a reason because you are just weak. It's up to me to get stronger. So I challenge you to hit me with all you got, cause I'm ready to hit back.

It's not just me you have a hold on, so I'm going to find the people that struggle with you too. We are going to join together and fight for our peace, joy, and strength that you have been robbing us of. Not only have you been holding me back in certain areas of my life, but you've been blinding me to the strengths that I've had all along. My strengths are more than you, and I'm going to use them to make me stronger.

People have said that I can't cook, so I started to believe it. But am I just supposed to eat SpaghettiOs from a can all my life? No chance. So I can cook, I can at least try. I know I'm going to mess up every once in a while, but that doesn't make me a bad cook. Instead of acknowledging you as an impossibility to achieve, I'm going to regard you as an opportunity to prove that I am strong. You are simply a byproduct of the words that I have chosen to speak over myself. So it's time for a change.When you try to tell me that I can't do something, I'm going to acknowledge the lie and challenge it with the word of God.

Romans 8:37 "We are more than conquerors"

2 Corinthians 12:10 "For Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses"

Matthew 26:41 "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak"

1 Corinthians 1:27 "God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong"

Isaiah 40:29 "He gives strength to the weary"

I know I can't do it alone, my strength is nothing compared to the strength of my God. My God makes me strong in my weakness. So whenever you have me saying "I can't" I will declare "But God can."

So, weakness, your welcome to stay for a while but trust me, it's temporary.