A Letter To The People Who Will Marry My Best Friends

Trust Me, I'm An Expert

7
Morgan Pimentel

I trust you, but then again, I’m slightly apprehensive. I mean, realistically, I know that she will pick a good person to spend the rest of her life with, but I’m always afraid that she will get hurt. She is a strong yet delicate person, and she puts her trust entirely into whomever she is committed to. So i’ll start by saying this, you are going to be one of the luckiest people in the world. The girl you will be marrying is smart, strong, beautiful, and deserving of the entire world. I know that you will love her, because it is so easy to do with such an incredible girl, and I know that you will put her above yourself. Just remember, it is always the thought that will count, and she will be immensely happy with even the smallest of compliments or the sweetest of gestures.

Now, I’ll do my best to be a neutral person, and I promise I’ll always give you the benefit of the doubt, but when it comes to taking sides, i’ll always be on her's, even if she is wrong. With that being said, I promise you that I will treat you like a sibling, and a friend, because anyone who can love my best friends as much as I do has got to be an amazing person. I also hope that you'll like me, because I see my best friend always being in my future. I'd like to get to know you too, and I trust that we can get along quite well.

Now I know that you'll be able to figure it out on your own, but I want you to know that she might get sad sometimes. Some days will be hard for her, and I don't want it to discourage you. She will need a shoulder to cry on, and a comforting embrace, and I genuinely hope that you'll give her that. She is a courageous and intelligent woman, but she will need support from time to time. I hope that this vulnerability will never push you away, and that you will love her through any hard times she may have. She will take care of you, I promise, and I hope you will do the same for her.

In reality, if you love her and treat her as great as you possibly can, then we will get along just fine. She will be honest, and she will be loving, and she will look at you like you're all she's ever wanted, because you will be. Sometimes she'll be stubborn, and she might get a little angry, but in the end she will give you everything she has in her heart. She is one of the most important people in my life, and she has influenced me in ways that people may never understand, and I hope she will do the same for you. So I ask you just to love strong, and open, and wild, and true. Treat her like she is the reason the sun shines every morning, and remind her that her true self is always her most beautiful self.

And to my best friends, never settle for less than your Disney prince. Never negate your worth or deny your power. You have changed my life forever, and you deserve more than can be put into words. Never stop believing that you have the power to love yourself first, and never forget that I am always here beside you. Whether we are right down the street, or continents away, the impacts you have had on my life will forever remain. I love you.