A Letter to the Girl Who Has No Luck in Love

It's time to be honest here, girl.

4146

Hi, I'm you.

I am probably one of the most unlucky people in the world when it comes to love (besides Nick Vaill, our current bachelor who got turned down numerous times on TV). Of course, I also don't have 30 super hot single people chasing after me (and if I do, please make your presence known. Like actually). But that's beside the point. Literally, my parents and friends have all said how unlucky I am.

If you're anything like me, you've met this guy (or girl) who you thought was AMAZING. Totally perfect, he treated you well, wanted to spend time with you... but then after awhile that slowly started to fade, and he never really wanted to commit to a relationship.

He probably stopped texting you everyday. Or he takes what feel like 10 years to reply and it's usually a short reply. He stops asking you how your day was. He "can't" hang out as much, and has a lot of excuses when you ask him to hang out. It eventually seems like you're putting in all this effort and he's not returning any of it. "Maybe he'll change" you think to yourself, but he never does. Then the dreaded day comes when he says that he "just can't do this right now" or "it's not you, it's me".

I've had this happen to me three times. Yes, three. All in the past year and half too. Kind of begins to make you wonder... am I doing something wrong? Then I remember, no of course I'm not because I'm fabulous. It's usually not something YOU'RE doing wrong... It's probably just the timing, or maybe it is something going on in his life. My point is, do not take it personally. Do not beat yourself up over this failed relationship.

Because let's be real here, girl... It's their loss. Seriously.

You might be "unlucky" now, but that doesn't mean you'll be alone forever. I am a firm believer in fate, and I strongly believe that the person you're meant to be with will come around eventually. It might take awhile, but as my wonderful mom always tells me, "you have to kiss a lot of frogs until you find your prince."

There is no point trying to force something that isn't there. Someone is always bound to get even more hurt. So if they give you up then they're stupid it's their loss. Because you are wonderful, unique, and beautiful... and you deserve all the happiness in the world.

In the mean time, don't go desperately looking for love. To be honest, you won't find it that way. Instead, work on YOU. Work out, learn to cook, discover a new hobby, take a new class, work towards that promotion. Become the best version of yourself. Then, you will be irresistible.

I have days where I feel like crap and that is what I tell myself. I try to always remind myself of my worth, and how one day, some guy will be telling everyone how lucky he is to have me.

So, remember... You're worth it.

XOXO, T