To The Christian At A Big College Campus

Pursing God on a big campus is not as hard as one might think.
11

Dear College Christian,

So by now, you are probably moved into your dorm, and maybe you have even started your first week of classes. You may have met a lot of people or maybe you have met one or two people. When I first started school at UGA, I was worried about finding other Christians. The first week I was at school, I had a hard time finding people with the same values as me. However, I went to a few school events, and I found a lot of Christians like me. If you are a Christian, and you are worried about staying close to God at a big campus, do not worry. Most colleges have a lot of campus ministries at them. At the University of Georgia, it is actually overwhelming how many campus ministries there are. My suggestion would be to try some of them out, until you pick the perfect fit for you. For example I like the Wesley Foundation at my school, but I also like a group called BMC.

Maybe you are worried about staying close to God, and keeping track of your busy schedule. College is all about time management. You have to factor in time to eat, study, hang out with friends, do laundry, work at a job, etc. College is a busy time in your life, but it is also a perfect time to grow closer to God. If you grew up in a Christian home, you may had been told by your parents that you need to go to church every Sunday. However, at college, you have to decide for yourself whether or not you want to pursue God. It is your choice to make, no one else is forcing you to do anything. No matter what is happening, God is there waiting for you. God wants a relationship with you, you just got to make the effort. Think of God like a best friend. You don't ignore your best friend's texts, do you? In the same way, you have to take the time to spend time with God by reading the Bible or praying. I know it is hard to fit in time (trust me, I know!), but it is totally worth it. God is the only being that will always be with you for the rest of your life. He will always be by your side, no matter what happens.

College is also the perfect time to share God's love and hope. Not everyone on campus will believe in the same thing as you, but college is a great to share to people why you are a Christian. Do not be afraid to share your faith with people because you never know who will it impact. Maybe your story will be the next stepping stone to bring someone even closer to having a relationship with God.

So the main thing I want you all to get from my tangent is this - college may be scary, but you do not have to do it alone because God is always with you! No matter what happens, God will always be right beside you. Just talk to Him like him like He is your best friend, and get involved in your college's campus ministries, so you can find other people who have the same values as you.

Alright, I am ending my little tangent now! Hope you all have a great semester at college!

Peace out!