A Letter To The Boy Who Changed My World

Opening my eyes to the reality of things I thought I already knew.

446
Flickr

I think that one of a girl's biggest fears when in a relationship is falling for someone way harder than they are for you.

I should have written this a long time ago, because the proof is on the paper. There was no way I was falling for you harder than you were for me. You were right along with me. Same wavelength, always.

Like the first time we met, how we hugged and it felt instantly comfortable. Or the first time I heard your voice over the phone and how much more attracted it made me towards you. How nervous I could tell you were when you first met me, but it went away just as fast as it came. When we went on our second date and I was dying for you to kiss me. When you asked me if it was okay to pick me up. How you waited for the most perfect moment for us to have our first kiss. And it was just that; perfect. A literal dream, a fairytale. I don’t think a girl could ask for a better scenario. When you held my hand on the car ride home. When you begged me not to go just yet. When you sent me a video on Snapchat of “Middle Of A Memory” while you were driving home after dropping me off, still sulking that I left you.

When we went to the movies for the first time, how I could feel your eyes on me the whole through the whole thing. How your hand didn’t move from my leg the entire time. When I asked you what you were looking at and you replied “Nothing” while smiling and leaning in to kiss me again. By the end of the movie you told me the whole time you wanted to drag me out the exit back to the car. When we got back to the car, I saw that my brother had called me, and I told you I needed to call him back. You kissed me so hard I literally forgot how to speak. When I said, “Forget it” and you said, “No, go ahead” with that smirk on your face, knowing damn well that I had temporarily lost my brain, dazed.

The fact is, so many of these little moments that happened between us made me realize that you were in this as much as I was. There's no one in the world who could take a glimpse into our relationship and not see that. So, thank you, for teaching me what an instant connection is all about. Thank you for teaching me what it's really like to love a person, because god knows that I had no clue what that was like until I met you.