letter to future niece or nephew

To My Future Niece Or Nephew As You Grow Up

A letter to you, from an aunt that loves you to the moon and back!

32
auntie
Instagram

To my future niece or nephew,

I don't know how old you'll be when you read this (or if you will read this at all) but I want you to know that this article is dedicated to you.

From the day your mom and dad told me I was going to be an aunt, I knew that I had to write something for you because I already had so much to tell you. There's absolutely no way that I can fit all of those things into this one article, but that's okay- I'll tell you everything along the way!

To start, I want to tell you that you already mean the world to me, and (at the time this was written) you haven't even been born yet! When your dad and mom got married, I was so excited to be adding so many new people to the family, and I knew that one day we'd be adding you, too. You were on everyone's mind, especially your mom and dad's, long before you were born.

Your mother told me she planned to have you in the year she was 30, so from the time her 30th birthday came around I found myself asking different members of the family from time to time if they'd heard anything or suspected you might be coming. So you can imagine my absolute delight when I finally got the news you were on your way (I waited a whole four months after her birthday until I got the news)! I even cried more than your grandma (which is pretty impressive) because I was so happy to hear that I was going to have a little niece or nephew.

But nobody was happier than your parents, who were immediately so in love with you. Along the way, you were given many nicknames, but to everyone you were simply a blessing. And even though we couldn't meet you right away, we all knew that you are going to be special! With a pair of smart, funny, talented, and loving parents, it is clear that you are going to be an amazing kid.

There are many things that I'd love to tell you (and many that I will, with time) but the most important thing that I can think to say is that your whole family loves you more than you could ever know! You have much to learn and experience, but we will be with you every step of the way, and you'll always be able to rely on us. From your first birthday to your first day of school (and many years after) we will be with you. You have incredible parents who adore you, and an amazing future waits for you, and I can't wait until the day I get to welcome you in person.

So here's to you and every amazing thing that I know you'll be and do!

With much love,

Aunt Samantha