A Letter To My Sorority Sisters After Recruitment

I have learned so much and gained so much from my time with my sisters and this is what I want to say to them.

74
Skyler Anderson

Dear Sisters,

Thank you for everything.

I want to start off by saying that I was nervous for the two weeks that consisted of spirit week and recruitment. I will be honest and say that during the year that I have been a part of this sisterhood, I wasn't always the most involved and didn't have a ton of connections to sisters within the chapter. Part of this was time constraints with other things in my life and the other part was my fear of rejection. So needless to say, I was nervous about spending two weeks with everyone when I felt that I didn't have the same strong bonds that everyone else had.

Thanks to each and every one of you, I had no reason to be nervous. I was welcomed into people's conversations and circles with open arms. The past two weeks showed me how lucky I am to be in this circle of sisterhood. Thank you to the sisters that were always down to ride with me to the events and stay by my side so I didn't feel alone. Thank you to the sisters that came up to me just to say hi or to talk about outfits. Thank you to the sisters that said insanely kind words for my senior appreciation, I truly had no idea that I had made an impression on so many of you. Thank you to the sisters that showed their appreciation and love for me in other ways, such as shout-outs in speeches, asking me to do things, and just coming up and telling me you love me. I always knew that this sisterhood was right for me, I just didn't know how, a year later and I am starting to figure it out. Thank you for showing me love, building my confidence, and allowing me to be me. There are so many more words I can say, but for now, we will leave it as this simple thank you and save the rest for when I have to leave you all for the real world.

Love, Skyler