A Letter to my Sorority Sisters

A Letter to my Sorority Sisters

I love you all more than you know.

2489
A Letter to my Sorority Sisters
vimeo

To my Sorority Sisters,

I want you to all know that you are all loved so much. We all have a bond that no one could ever begin to explain. We come together due to our rituals and philanthropies. We aspire to better ourselves and better the world. We are a stereotype that we continue to try to break. People see us as stuck up brats that party and drink all of the time. We know we are better than that. We study together, we cry together, we volunteer together and we have fun together.

We may fight sometimes, but that’s what sisters do. Some may graduate, but you never truly leave. We are brought together by a bond that will last forever, a bond of sisterhood. We don’t all look alike, but we give each other the confidence to be different and beautiful in our own ways. We constantly pick each other up when we fall down. We all know that being a sorority girl is time consuming and keeps you on your toes always. But that’s just more time to spend with my sisters who I love so deeply.

I want you all to know that there isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for a single one of you. I want you to know that I will always support your dreams and ambitions. I will always be there to motivate you and push you to be the best person you can be. I promise to defend you and also our sisterhood. I want you all to know that I am thankful for the time that I spend with you, no matter what we are doing.

No matter where we end up, how far away we move away from each other, we will always be close at heart. No one can take away the memories we have all made together. No one can take away the connection that we have. No one understands what sisterhood is unless you are in a sorority and have experienced it yourself.

So no, I didn’t pay to be your friend. I genuinely like you and want to spend time with you. I don’t just like you because “I have to like you because you are my sister.” I love you all because you are my sister and part of such a bigger picture. Your continued support and love is what makes me love you. You always wanting to better yourself, and better the lives of others, makes me love you. I love you because you are you and I am blessed to call you my sorority sister.

There isn’t a better group of women that I would want to call sisters, or a better sorority. Being a sorority woman is one of the best things I have ever done. I am forever grateful for the friendships that I have made and the many memories that I will never forget.