An open letter of gratitude to my hometown girl group.

10 Reasons I am So Grateful to each of the vibes in my hometown girl group

I am so grateful for one of my hometown girl groups.

1045
Nira McNiven

Usually after high school, most friend groups disperse and or dissipate. The distance tends to lead groups away from each other and a text once in a while slowly becomes the new normal. For me, waking up to 1,300 texts is part of my daily routine. Although I tend to graze them over or decide to not read them at all, I know I am lucky to be part of an amazing group of girls

This lovely group consists of 11 beautiful ladies that have constantly been there for each other and for myself. It started in high school and slowly started to grow as two smaller groups expanded, and formed into one. Many people might think a huge group like this would cause lots of drama and be filled with sideline gossip, but because everyone adds their own unique personality, everyone simply compliments each other.

This friend group is not like any other I have been a part of. I am always in awe of the support and love everyone constantly gives. Whether someone is telling a story about boys, embarrassing and awkward run-ins, fun adventure nights, or is going through a hard time in college, someone is always there to eagerly listen. Good times, sad events, or bad days- knowing there is always someone who cares, is the best feeling in the world.

Now that everyone is in different colleges, some thousands of miles away, it is always a struggle to truly stay connected. However, even if someone goes MIA in the group chat for a few days/weeks, it never feels long at all. As the girls come home from college for vacations, holidays, and summer break, the distance is not a barrier. It is never too long until we are all sitting in the Flannery's kitchen, eating, laughing and sharing memories of the times spent apart.

This is the time to appreciate and give thanks for everything they've done for each other and for me. I am so lucky to have a wide variety of people in this certain friend group. Here are some "vibes" in my tribe.

1. The patient one

She is a great mediator and knows exactly how to help comfort others. Bashful at first, but you will find out she has a big heart.

2. The driven one

Not only does she have an eye for photography, she knows fashion and knows what she wants. She is also a lover of the outdoors, and natural foods.

3. The leader

She pushes others to be their best selves, and is able to get others to "just do it." She can talk to anyone, anywhere, and anytime.

4. The wise and graceful one

She is past her time with maturity but has a wild and goofy side. She is knowledgeable about the world.

5. The bubbly one

She always brings energy and can hold a room and fill it with entertainment and joy. She is a wonderful storyteller.

6. The honest one

She brings sarcasm, the truth, and says what's on her mind for the benefit of others. You know she always is caring.

7. The easy to confide in one

She always has the ability to forgive and is willing to help others in any capacity. She is easy to talk to and is trustworthy.

8. The strong one

She wants to do good in the world and will stand her ground- especially to protect loved ones. She is brave and nurturing to anyone.

9. The goofy and adventurous one

Not only will she make you laugh, but she is also very fashion forward, and willing to try unique fashion trends. She is constantly trying something new in life.

10. The one who always gets the good times rolling

She is lovely, intelligent, and knows how to have a good time. She is great at getting things started and is always smiling along the way.

Many times will this group of girls go out of their way to hype each other up. I am so grateful to be a part of it. I have endless amounts of love for them all, and I can't wait to see them next!