An Open Letter To The One Who Broke My Heart

I hope you find love

84714
google

Dear Heart-breaker,

When I met you, it was like I had new life and new breath. You inspired me to be a great person and you pushed me to think greater. You intellect always challenged mine, which is when I think I stared to fall in love with you. That was one of your greatest qualities: you were smart, funny, definitely had good looks, and you put up with me. You loved me. I realized that I risked a lot for you because I wanted to feel needed, supported, and loved. Your flaws were not wrong to me, they were beautiful in your own design. I loved you for the things that made you perfect and for the things that made you human. I only wish you would have realized my intentions.

There wasn't a day that went by when I didn't think about you, love you, want you, and need to hear your voice. Didn't you realize that I would support you in everything, even at the risk of my own values? Instead of being patient you made a decision on your own. It is okay to be selfish to protect ourselves, to do what is best for us, but did you think about me? I promised you I would never break your heart, yet I realized you never made the same promise and wound up breaking mine.

We had the best moments together, and in those moments the world did not exist because it was just you and me. You once told me, "I didn't think this is what love would feel like," yet you ran away. You told me you didn't believe in romance, yet I showed you what it was because you deserved it. You were worth more than you ever knew. I treated you like royalty so you could see your self-worth and value. I never had to worry about you giving back because you always did. I felt loved, acknowledged, trusted, and not alone. Having you by my side made me feel invincible to the world. When I was lonely, or when I was hurt you would protect me because you knew the person in me, and you knew my heart. Then I became too vulnerable and you hurt me, you broke me.

I had to leave you for a short time and you couldn't bear it. I felt like you set me up, as if I was just a stick in the woods that you would eventually throw out of your way. You said you loved me and then took it back. You treated me like a king and made me felt loved, then you took it back. You didn't give me reason or rhyme, you just deleted me out of your life and didn't look back. I did my best to be nice and respectful, but you wanted me gone and so I cried. How could we agree to be peaceful, then two minutes later you act like you never knew me?

You might think I'm angry, that I still hurt, and that I never want to see you again, but you're wrong. I knew I had to let you go so I did.

Except you forgot one thing.

I made you a promise to always be there if you called, and I told you there would always be a place for you in my heart so I will keep that promise. See, what you never knew about me is the darkness inside. I could have destroyed your life after you broke mine, but I didn't. So, here I stay and wait for the day you want to be friends or need help. I will never hope or expect you to call, but I can wait, like I wait for everyone else when they need me.

So, no, I am not angry; instead I'm grateful. I don't regret anything we did or said, and I am thankful you broke my heart because now I won't let it be broken again. You showed me new things and new life-- you changed me into something better. I hope you have found peace and reconciliation for breaking me and leaving because you had to go, and I had to let you go. It's funny because people say, "You're not right for me" when truth is it's the other way around. I deserve better than someone who will run away at the first opportunity. I deserve someone who will always love me and fight for me no matter the circumstances. I found my peace, I'm healed, and I moved on sooner than you know. I only hope you find love and that you are loved.

Sincerely,

The heart you broke