A Letter To Anyone Who Doesn't Understand "That Girl"

That girl is capable of love, power, and success despite the hell that was placed in her life.

113
weheartit.com

That girl is your best friend. That girl is your girlfriend. That girl makes you laugh till you cry. That girl would be there and do anything for you not matter what it cost. That girl is also the one who you don’t understand why she assumes the worst will happen for her while expecting the best for everyone else. Well that is because that girl has been through a living hell in her lifetime that you know nothing about. You wonder why she randomly breaks down and cries when there is nothing wrong, why she is hesitant to get close to anyone. She will randomly pace back and forth because her anxiety has reached an all time high or she will randomly break plans because her depression has taken over her mind. What would make a girl think and act like that?

Well that girl had a life altering even just a few days after her 6th birthday, and lost her mother to cancer. Her father couldn’t handle the loss and became an angry alcoholic. Her grandparents, one of whom was emotionally abusive and made her feel like she was scum on the ground, raised her and her brother. That girl was involved in abusive relationships.

Growing up with screaming matches between family members, being told you should be the one dead instead of your mother, caused anxiety and depression. She would look in the mirror and believe everything that was said to her because this was her family and they wouldn’t lie to her.

That girl didn’t know how a man was supposed to treat her. She didn’t realize she deserved love and accepted the love she thought she deserved, which was more abuse. She made excuses for the boyfriend who did the exact same things as the other father figures in her life. She took the hits and death threats because that was normal to her. She didn’t know any better.

That girl hit rock bottom and knew she had to reach out for help or she wasn’t going to make it through the next year. That girl finally broke free of her demons and made a path to recovery. She accepted the help that was provided to her: weekly therapy sessions, multiple anxiety and depression drugs, and trauma protocols put into place, and friends that she thanks god for. That girl made it out alive.

That girl has the biggest heart of anyone you will ever meet. She will do anything to help out, listen to your problems and offer advice because she has dealt with worse. That girl will love you like you have never been loved before and support you even when you have been wrong. That girl will never leave your side no matter how rough life gets. That girl is capable of love, power, and success despite the hell that was placed in her life. That girl was given that life because she was capable of overcoming her demons.