A Letter To Myself At 16

A Letter To Myself At 16

If you could tell your younger self anything, what would it be?

592
A Letter To Myself At 16
Ashley Jordan

So, I know this weird, I’m literally writing you from the future, but there are a few things that you will need to know. So, you’re probably in about high school now, great times. So remember, cherish every minute of it. You will look back at this time and sometimes even wish that you could go back to it because it was so much simpler. And even at times, it was a better time, but we will get more into that further on. You might think that boys are the reason for things right now, but remember that it not true.

Yes, there were some boys who came and went but those are the ones that were not right for you, they were not your Mr. Right. But they were your Mr. Right Now and they will leave you with amazing memories. So, cherish them and grow from them, you will come to appreciate this later. Band, you should love it. I know that right now, it’s hard and kind of sucks. But honestly it will be the best thing that has ever happened you, it will shape who are and who you become. You will gain life skills that will help you not only succeed in school but also in your personal life. So, love every moment of this, because when it is gone, it will be gone and you miss it.

Embrace your band geek status and rock marching band.

Now college, here comes the fun parts. You will meet amazing friends here! Yes, it seemed dire at first and you miss home, but one of your roommates becomes your best friend. You will have the time of your life that first summer and remember every moment of it. But once summer ends and fall starts, you will drift from who you are. You will let a boy make you feel worthless and allow him to control you. Just remember that even through this dark time, you will get through it and you will come out of stronger than before.

So, when you meet that tall stranger, just remember that you will get through it. It will become an experience that will shape the rest of your life. You will see truly how strong you are and how resilient you are. You move away and everything gets better. You start to see yourself again and for the first time in a year, you can breathe.

This also is the time when you meet your Mr. Right. Yes, he comes after the darkness and as cliché as it sounds, it’s true. You know the second you see him that he is the one and your life is turned upside-down, but this time for the right reasons. Friendships come and go, but the true ones will stick around and be there to experience this wild ride with you. There are the ones who stuck around high school and even elementary school. And then there are there are the ones who came in your life during the last few years. But they will hold the same place in your heart and will all show you the same love.

So, hold onto them because they are some the greatest people who will enter your life.

So, remember Ashley, the future holds so much for you and you are amazing. You will do amazing things and love life.

Love,

Older Ashley