A Letter From The Girl You See Through

Dear Mr. You,

I know that we have our differences, and we actually have two completely different upbringings, but I feel like you're the only one who understands me. When I talk to you, I feel comfortable, and you make me feel like people actually listen to the words coming out of my mouth. You're also the most understanding person that I have ever met.

I like listening to you go on about the things that you love. I may not understand them, but the way you get excited is captivating. You don't know how much I love the sparkle in your eyes when I can see that you are in your element. You could make any person change how they feel about your passions just by talking. Honestly, I think you could tell anyone anything and they would believe you. Your tone of voice is enthusiastic and comforting, which can sometimes be conflicting.

When we interact, I often misread the signals. Deep down, I know you see right through me. But in the moment I feel like it's just you and me. You bring out the best in me, I'm confident and secure with who I am. I didn't know that a whole other person could bring out such strong feelings in me, but that person is you.

My feelings are confusing, because while you seem to get me so well, you may not get my feelings. You make me happy to be alive, but you also make me anxious. When I'm around you, I am aware of how I look, how I talk, how I sit, how I exist. My existence will never be worthy to coexist with yours. Partially because I can't even see it happening. I wouldn't be mad if you didn't either, because we don't make sense.

You're passionate for the world and want to explore it all. But I'm excited about new discoveries, to be comfortable with my feet on the ground. My dreams don't fly as high as yours. That's okay too, you broke all limits set in front of you. I admire that the most about you. I also admire how you can manage to keep your composure. Wrinkles in your plans don't seem to phase you, and you can easily adapt to change. I usually never back down from a challenge, but the standards you have seem impossible to reach. They seem impossible because I'm intimidated by the way you handle yourself. I'm scared of the way you seem to know what you're doing, even when you can be out of your element (which I should add, isn't very often).

I'm writing this because you might be able to read in between the lines. Telling you how I feel wouldn't make a difference, because, at the end of the day, we are two very different people who are both going to do amazing things; just separately.

You inspire me with the way you move. I admire your charm, confidence, and quirks. I know this doesn't mean much coming from me, but this is the hardest thing I've ever had to write.

Sincerely,

The Girl You See Through