A Letter To The Girl I Was In High School, Now That She's Older

It doesn't stay like this forever.

276
Max Pixel

Dear high school me,

I know how you are feeling right now. I get it.

I know that you're feeling like you don't belong here; like you're not understood.

I know you're feeling anxious to get out of here and meet new people, people that will understand you and appreciate you.

I know. Trust me, I get it. After all, I am you.

It doesn't stay like this forever.

You go off to college and find your people. You reinvent yourself, not as the shy and awkward girl, but as the outgoing girl who doesn't care what people think.

You love yourself, and people love you.

It doesn't stay like this forever.

In college, you're confident in your own skin. You're not constantly comparing yourself to others, and you're not scared to talk to boys.

You will find yourself.

You will find your passion in life, and you're making a career out of it.

It doesn't stay like this forever.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Look around and feel blessed for the people that you already do have. You have an amazing family who loves you and a best friend who would do anything for you.

It's not all bad. I promise. And it goes by so fast.

Before you know it, you'll be off to college, meeting new people and doing new things. It's scary, but you'll love it.

It doesn't stay like this forever.

You'll fall in love, you'll get so many new friends. You'll make mistakes, you'll make a fool out of yourself. But you'll love every minute of it.

So for now, just be patient.

But my biggest advice to you is, don't forget to appreciate what you do have. Don't forget to tell the people you love that you love them.

It doesn't stay like this forever.