A Letter To The Bigger And Better

A Letter To The Bigger And Better

Bring it on 2018!

85
A Letter To The Bigger And Better
devonportrsl.com

Dear 2018,

I'm writing you a letter in hopes of the bigger and better. Bring us a year full of love, laughter, and positive vibes — allow us to prosper, use the lessons we've learned to our advantage, and be so full of life that we cannot imagine wasting one second of it.

Throughout my short 21 years on this earth, I've absorbed so much information and immersed myself so fully in different situations that I was able to truly understand how to approach life with the most positive ways of thinking — you are the year where this is put to the test.

Please allow me to do the one thing I have never done in the past without having some type of remorse — do things for my own happiness and not for what others want. Allow me to be selfish in the most selfless way possible, and learn to actually say no if I simply don't want to do it. Remind me that I don't need to explain myself to anyone (except for my parents because well, we all know how that goes).

If there's one thing you could willingly offer and I, or should I say we, would take with open arms it would be having us intentionally cross paths with people and experiences who are only going to lighten up our lives and help us grow. You are the year I promise to only spend time where I'm celebrated and surround myself around the people and things I love.

Although we always believe the "next big thing" is on its way with each year that comes to a close and a new beginning right behind, you finally feel like the truth that lies behind that. The only way to go is up, and that sure as hell is the only direction I'm heading in when you're here.

I want to be the best I can be — I will take every opportunity and run with it, smash my goals so hard they'll wish I never thought of them in the first place, and only throw myself into situations that and surround myself with people who will help me grow physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Cheers to weeding out the negative, replacing it with positive energy, and being the best version of yourself. Allow people to be who they truly are with no fear of judgement, be confident in their own skin, and spread love to both themselves and others.

Thank you for a hopeful future. You're not gonna know what hit you