To My Best Friend

To My Best Friend

My person who has been with me through everything deserves the world but I hope this is enough for now

8
To My Best Friend
Heather Rose Metcalfe

Dear Best Friend,

We have known each other now for seven years now and we have never been closer even though we live so far apart. You live in California and I live in Nevada for part of the year then Wisconsin during the rest of the year. With every up and down, every trip we have been on, we have grown stronger and will do anything for each other. When we are able to hang out it feels like long is never long enough, you could stay for a month and I would still hate to see you go. We are so close to each other even when we are so far away from each other and know everything about each other. Every moment that I have with you is treasured and I wouldn’t change our friendship for the world.

Our trips together have been everything but boring or uneventful. Throughout these seven years we have been so many places together and have left memories at every amusement park, restaurant and hotel we have ever been. We have been to Six Flags at least five times and went on every ride that didn’t make you or I throw up or feel light headed. You would hold my bag if there was a ride you didn’t want to go on, and I know you would do the same for me. Great America let us go on rides repeatedly until we almost fell over going down the stairs. We most recently toured the Las Vegas strip together and because you had never been it was my turn to show you around. Our memories are something that I cherish forever and I know sometimes I forget your favorite movie or favorite song, but the memories we have made will be able to last me a lifetime.

However, life has not always been rainbows and butterflies and we have have definitely had our rough times just like every other relationship, ours in far from perfection. We have had moments where we just stop talking for a few minutes and then there have been times where we haven’t talked for weeks at a time. I’m not going to deny that there have been times where I haven’t been the best but we have worked through it and we are still friends after all these years. So obviously we are doing something right. Without the tough times I don’t think we would be as strong as we are now and I am grateful for all of these times where we have gone our separate ways and having the strength to come to come together and still be best friends.

For a majority of our relationship, we have been a long distance relationship and it has worked for us. Unfortunately that means I hardly get to see you but when we are able to finally get together, it’s the best time of our lives. Even though we aren’t always there for each other, you always still know what to say and when to say it. We are different enough to be close as close can be with each other liking different types of things we make it work. You constantly tell me about all these shows that you want me to watch that I say “oh I don’t know if I will like that” even though I eventually do end up liking it because you have such good taste. Even our music tastes are so different but somehow we make all of these differences come together like yin and yang.

You are the highlight of my life, the cause of most of my stress and most importantly, the light showing me the end of the tunnel. Through thick and thin we will always have each others backs and I could never thank you enough for what you do for me or have done for me in the past. I still look forward to you walking into my house straight into my room to drop off your suitcase then straight back out into the kitchen for some Guava juice. I look forward to all the memories we will make in the future when we move to Amsterdam and travel around the world together. We do have big plans and I know that we will do everything in our power to make those dreams our reality. I can’t wait until we stay up all night crying to our favorite movie, or me just crying for no reason and you laughing at me the whole time, our random dance parties, and our facials that make us look like green monsters. I am so glad that I met you and thought that you were a diva because we wouldn’t be where we are today. I am so grateful that I have you in my life to balance my weirdness with your own sanity as well as vice-versa.

With all my heart,

Your Best Friend.