What I Want My Long Distance Best Friend To Know

I don't thank you nearly enough.
7707

Dear best friend,

I don’t think I thank you enough for everything you do for me. Usually when people are separated by distance they grow apart, but the fact that we have been longer apart than we have been together and are still just as close is a good sign.

I never, ever take you for granted.

I know there have been times where we went without talking because life got in the way. We’re busy people, and with that comes new friends and new opportunities without each other. However, no matter how many friends I have gained being away from you, you are still just as important as ever in my life, and they all know that, and I want you to know that.

My friends know all about you.

I tell my friends about you and the exciting things that are happening in your life. They even ask me how you are doing from time to time. Even though you aren’t here, it still sort of feels like you are.

Not a day goes by that I don’t think about how you’re doing.

Even if I don’t text or call, just know I am always wondering what’s new and how your family is and how your dogs are, etc. I am always curious and I always look forward to your hand-written letters.

I know you’re there now matter what.

Just like I am always here for you, I know you will always be there for me. There has never been a time where you have been too busy to talk if I truly needed to. There has never been anything that I couldn’t come to you with or tell you about. I have never felt judged, even when I’ve done some questionable things. You support me no matter what my decisions have been. So thank you for that. Thank you for always being there.

We pick up where we left off.

I love how we can go long periods of time and not see each other, but when we finally do, it’s like we were never apart. Things pick up right where they left off, and we can’t stop talking. There is never a lag in conversation, and we somehow never seem to run out of things to talk about.

Thank you for being an inspiration.

Your work ethic is incredible. I have never met someone as hard-working as you, and it is very inspiring. I am always looking to you to find motivation, even when you don’t realize it. Hearing you talk about how your business is going and how many hours you spend studying truly makes me want to do better, so thank you.

Thank you for knowing what to say.

If I am ever having trouble, you know just what to say and how to make it better. You’ve seen me at my absolute worst, and you still love me, and I appreciate that more than you know.

Your friendship means the absolute world to me, and I don’t know where I would be without it. Friendship is not defined by time spent together, but how we act apart, and we have proven time and time again that it is possible. Thank you for showing me the true meaning of friendship that I value so dearly. Most importantly, thanks for being you.

I love you, best friend.

Love,

Me