Let's Talk About Hillary

Let's Talk About Hillary

Is she the lesser of two evils; is she the greater?

9
Let's Talk About Hillary
CNN

The Presidental debates have been quite the thing to watch lately. They honestly seem to be more for entertainment than actually helping voters choose who they want to have serve their country as President. As we all know, there are plenty of people who are against Hillary Clinton and there are plenty of people against Donald Trump. There have been plenty of new segments and stories recently about Donald Trump. With the recent sexual assault cases popping up, Trump is kind of hard to ignore and he's also the one mostly talked about by people.

Hillary Clinton on the other hand, has had plenty of backlash from the public; especially about the email servers and the emails that were on them. Even with Hillary's large "mistake" and not being prosecuted for it, is she still fit to run for President of the United States? Is she fit for being the first president? Let's talk about Hillary.

First, Hillary Clinton deleted about 30,000 emails that she had on a private server. While she was using that private email to discuss political issues, Hillary was putting our nation at risk. Hillary Clinton claims she wants a strong National Security, but with deleting all those emails and using the private server, she contradicts herself. Hillary also isn't a fan of the masses with everything that happened with Benghazi. Hillary says she cares for our veterans but she couldn't even bring home the men that were begging for her help. Also, Hillary seems pretty set on more war, not less. We need to be firm with opposing countries, but we don't need to keep fighting other people's battles.

On the other hand, Hillary Clinton does have a few things going for her. Since Hillary became active in politics in 1973, she has always been working to better lives of children and families. Hillary Clinton worked for the Children's Defense Fund off and on throughout her career. Hillary was also a co-founder of Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families. One of Hillary's issues that she's talked about for her presidency would be making sure that all children, no matter the basis of their family income, could go to school. Hillary also wants to make more of an investment in the Eary Head Start and the Early Head Start- Child Care Partnership program. Hillary wants to invest more money into our countries future, the children.

Hillary Clinton is all for women's rights. Hillary has brought up the issue of sexual assaults on college campuses. With the huge Standford University sexual assault case that happened this past year, the issue of sexual assaults on college campuses has finally been recognized by the public. Hillary believes things should change on college campuses to reduce the risk of sexual assault. Hillary wants to implement mandatory educational programs that delve deeper into prevention, consent, and bystander intervention. Recently, a past case that Hillary worked on when she was an active attorney, has come to haunt her, though. Hillary worked as a defense attorney on a case in 1975. Hillary ended up defending an accused rapist. Hillary's client did not get off completely; he pled guilty to a lesser offense. There are some people who are claiming that Hillary isn't for women's rights because of this past case. Hillary was a huge supporter of the creation of the Department of Justice's Office on Violence Against Women. In her 1995 speech in Bejing, she spoke strongly on the topic. Hillary Clinton also talked about abortion in the debate on Wednesday, October 19th. Hillary said, "I will defend Planned Parenthood. I will defend Roe v. Wade, and I will defend women's rights to make their own health care decisions." Hillary was asked how far she would let abortion go and said up to 32 weeks. Hillary explained, “I have met with women who have, toward the end of their pregnancy, get worst news one can get,” she said. “That their health is in jeopardy if they continue to carry to term. Or that something terrible has happened or just been discovered about the pregnancy. I do not think the United States government should be stepping in and making those most personal of decisions". People think she's such a monster because she believes that women should have a say over their own body instead of the government. We don't know if Hillary agrees with someone having an abortion at 32 weeks, or herself have one that late, but she is supporting all women to have a right over their bodies, and to me, that's a plus.

Hillary Clinton is also a strong supporter of immigration reform. Currently, it can take years to become an American citizen. Hillary wants to end the three- to ten-year bars for families. A lot of families have to decide if they can afford to be split up for such a long period of time or not. Once in the United States, Hillary wants to make the Affordable Care Act available to those families, regardless of their immigration status. Everyone should have the right to health care, especially if being in the country legally. With immigration comes people who can't speak English proficiently. Hillary would like to lower naturalization cost and spend more money to increase access to programs to increase proficiency in English. Contrary to popular belief, Hillary Clinton doesn't want to just open the boards to everyone. There would still be a screening process to prevent possible threats. This is the United States of America, home of the free, land of the brave. Everyone should be able to have an equal chance of experiencing the United States if they please.

When it comes to this election, is there really a lesser of two evils? Who knows. It all comes down to personal opinion. All I do know is that vote for who you think is right, not for who someone tells you to vote for. There is still time to become educated before election day. As a reminder, register and get out to vote on Novemeber 8th!