Let Your Kingdom Come

Let Your Kingdom Come

Lord, make me more like You.

1875
Let Your Kingdom Come
centerchurchsd

I was listening to the new Passion album - it's awesome, by the way - and there were a few things that kept coming into my mind; Lord, let your kingdom come and make me more like You.

I can't help but crave the complexity of the life that I know the Lord has for me, the simplicity of loving others around me like He loved all of us, the treasure of walking alongside the One who knows my inner fears and dreams.

The Lord is my anthem.

He reigns over every trial I face in life.

He believes in me even though others doubt me.

He supports me and goes with me.

He sustains me.

I feel like a lot of people, especially in this generation, view God as a complicated, demeaning, and almost hard to please God.

When they think of God, they think of the tragedies in life, the hurts and the pains. They think of the evil in this world, when in reality, all of those things belong to the enemy.

God is not an evil making God. There is nothing complicated about God because He is simply love. He is the definition of Love.

What enemy could create and overwhelmingly love? God is Love and He reigns over every evil that comes to our life.

I was once asked how I would describe my relationship with the Lord.

This question came at a time in my life that was like a roller coaster; I was up, down, and in the valleys of every mountain, and yet, I prophesied that God is in control. I described and still describe God as being my best friend.

He is the friend that never leaves. He is the friend that knows every single thing about me and yet still fights for me. He is the friend that walks beside me even when I'm silent.

And He is the only reason that I came out of that valley. I declared everyday that He is in control and I am not stuck in place. I am growing even when I don't realize it. I was and am growing towards His light.

Our God is not complicated. He is not hard to please. He is not evil.

He is beautiful and radiant. He is everlasting and overwhelming with love like lightning. He is always present.

The only thing that will get me through this life that is drowning in tragedies and pain is to believe in the everlasting, ever present, and continuous God.

All I can do is pray that God shows me how to be more like Him; to love abundantly and without regret or fear, to be selfless, to be compassionate for everyone that is different than me, to believe in the good of the world.

Lord, let Your Kingdom come and make me more like You.