Lessons From My Little Sister's Life

Lessons From My Little Sister's Life

No bond will ever compare to the bond between two sisters.

66
Lessons From My Little Sister's Life

No bond will ever compare to the bond between two sisters. It’s special, whimsical, and filled with just the right amounts of both sugar and spice. And while I’m sure brothers are cool and all, no one will ever so fully understand our hearts the way our sisters (or sister-like figures) do.

Here’s to someone I’ll always love, root for, and hopefully be there to encourage. To someone whose heart is wider than the seas and whose ability to uplift my spirit will always be an irreplaceable gift. To the girl that stole mom’s attention and my clothes, and to the keeper of all of my favorite memories— I hope she always know that although I feel like it’s my job to help guide her along her way, I’ve been listening.

Sometime during the evolution from making mud pies to real ones, she’s taught me some things I’d like to share. That being said, I hope you can relate to some of the truths that my (forever “little”) love has taught me, in this list of Lessons From My Little Sister's Life.

1. Never apologize for being yourself. You were created wonderfully and uniquely, and you’re not meant to fit anyone else’s mold.

2. Don’t go through life unsatisfied. In the end, you’ll realize that the journey counts as much as the destination. If you spend every moment waiting in tomorrow, you’ll miss out on the joys of today.

3. Life is apparently too short to wear matching socks.

4. Love deeply. Parent, friend, sibling, teacher, pet... dare to care for others above yourself.

5.Give second chances. No one ever gets everything right the first time.

6.Cuddle blankets and small animals. No matter who you are, you’ll be all the better for it.

7.Reading a book is one of the most educational ways to spend free time. It’s also fun to go on entire adventures without leaving your bed.

8.Girls can do cool stuff, too.

9.God’s handiwork is evident in plain sight.

10.No amount of makeup, wardrobe, good deeds or febreze can cover up an ugly heart, and in the same way, these things don’t increase the value of a beautiful soul. A beautiful soul speaks for itself.

11.You can always get up early tomorrow.

12.Yes, you do need that extra piece of bacon on your breakfast plate. No, you don’t have to pair it with a fruit cup if you don’t want to.

13.It’s good to be passionate about a few fine things in life.

14.Always look for the best in others; you’ll find the world to be much more beautiful that way.

~~

Dear Sister,

You have shown me what living out scripture looks like.

1 Timothy 4:12 says,

“Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.”

Thanks for being my example, for always choosing sunshine, and for brightening my days. Thanks for being you, and for blessing me. Where would I be without so patient a teacher?