To The Person Who Left Without Saying Goodbye

It hurts when people leave but even more so when you don't know why.

8339
Bradley Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering

To the person who left without saying goodbye,

It's hard to even begin to explain what I have been feeling for the past year, what I am still feeling to this day. It's hard to explain because I'm not entirely sure myself. You never said goodbye. You never said why you left or where you were going. You just disappeared, and all I know about you now is what I see you or the people in your life post about you on Facebook.

It's hard to recognize you. It seems that you are a completely different person than you were the last time I saw you. Your life has taken a complete one-eighty turn. It seems that you are happy, and I am so glad to see that you are finding joy in your life. I want you to be happy, despite if that happiness includes me or not. You are making a life for yourself, and I am just now starting mine. We are at different points in our lives, so maybe not knowing each other now is what's best for the both of us, but even so, that does not change that you just left me behind without saying a word.

I had been fighting with myself for months trying to figure out what was going on. I didn't know if you were just busy with work because I know you have been before, but this time was different. You never said "Hey" or anything anymore. There was just silence. I never got a text or a phone call. Just silence. Whatever you were doing and wherever you went, I had to figure out myself. That's what hurts the most. You didn't bother to tell me you were leaving. You didn't care to acknowledge that I had feelings. You just did what you felt you needed to do without even thinking for a second about how your actions might effect me. If you would have given me some kind of closure, it wouldn't be this way for me. All I needed and all I need is just a goodbye or a reason why, but instead, I am still having to try and piece it together myself, and I shouldn't have to.

If I had never met you, I would never have become the person I am today, so I guess I have to thank you for that, but inside, I am always going to have a hole, a spot in my heart specifically for you. Even though you have put me through what feels like an emotional hell, I will always miss you and the memories we have together. No matter how hurt I have been or how angry and confused you have made me, I will always love you and cherish every second I have had with you. You were one of thee most important people I ever gave my time and self to. I have never and I will never regret that.

Signed,

The person you left without saying goodbye