Why We Left High School Behind

Why We Left High School Behind

Never Look Back

72
Why We Left High School Behind
skywardkick

When we graduate high school, it puts us in a different light. We no longer have the barriers of a few corridors to hide our creativity or ourselves. We don't have to pretend to like everyone else because we are afraid of someone not liking us. When four years of rude classmates, crammed cafeterias, and social consciences finally end, we get to be ourselves. We are freed of mean girls and nutty teachers and we can choose our future. We get to pick a major and a school and a whole new life. We are given opportunities to explore and invent. We can move across the country and we can choose a career. Whether it be nursing, engineering, or creative writing, your major is your choice. Its the time for falling in love and getting drunk at parties. It's time to release tension and avoid your teachers outside of the classroom. If you want to dye your hair blue, do it. If you want to hide a coffee machine in your dorm room, do it. It's your turn to take back all time you lost being yourself in high school. Wear the flare jeans that aren't on trend and the dress with unintentional rips. Find yourself in what you do and do it forever. Become who you are, however long it takes because it's not high school anymore. You don't have to hide. So, how do you spell high school? O-V-E-R.