LeBron James Signing With The Los Angeles Lakers Creates A Major Threat To Golden State

LeBron James signs a four-year contract with the Los Angeles Lakers and can potentially make a splash in the western conference.

26

LeBron James, as everyone knows is one of the best basketball players to ever play the game. This move to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers makes him one of the biggest free agent additions in the history of the Los Angeles Lakers' franchise. This move will put him in contention with the Golden State Warriors to win not only the Western Conference but to win the NBA Championship. Getting welcomed by the Los Angeles Lakers for James reminds you of meeting the rest of your brides/grooms side of the family. This chapter in James' career will be a big part of his legacy. With James at 33 years old, this may put him in the conversation with some of the all-time Laker greats.

With the return of some key pieces for next season like Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Kule Kuzma, This will be a great opportunity for the Lakers to get back in the playoffs and make a splash in the western conference. General Manager Rob Pelinka and President of Basketball Operations Magic Johnson have done a great job of recreating the culture for the Lakers and helping them get out of the mess that former General Manager Mitch Kupchak put them in. The Lakers have not made the NBA playoffs since the 2012-2013 season and are looking to get back to the playoffs this season for the first time in six seasons. LeBron James to the Lakers is more than just basketball to him. The city of Los Angeles is where he wants to be. He signed a four year contract with an option after the third year. He is looking to make an impact in the western conference and further his legacy with the Lakers.

Meanwhile, the Golden State Warriors signing DeMarcus Cousins to a one-year deal makes them the favorite for next season's NBA championship. The Warriors are a running dynasty and have no intentions of stopping. Klay Thompson will be an unrestricted free agent next season and that could potentially line up the Warriors and Lakers up in a bidding war to sign him for the 2019-2020 season. The Lakers will be on the rise for this upcoming season with a big upgrade in LeBron James. They're hoping to pick up Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompson, or other free agents as well. This Lakers team can potentially become the start of something special.

Right now, LeBron James looking for a 9th straight NBA Finals appearances and looking to get there with this Lakers roster. LeBron James arguably had one of the best seasons of his career this past season with the Cleveland Cavaliers. He looks to bring a championship to Los Angeles and add to his legacy and quest towards the greatest of all time. He can and will be able to win a championship with this roster within the turn of the decade. He will add to his legacy, while being a Laker, and put himself up there with some of the greatest basketball players of all time.